|Job Type:||Full Time|
On the OneAccess Platform team our goal is to empower Azure teams to manage and operate high quality planetary-scale services safely and securely. Keeping the infrastructure and cloud services runningatmassive scale with high efficiency, consistency and reliability is a complex challenge. Our team builds a set of core foundational services enabling Azure teams to make their production buildout and live site operations safe, secure, automated, consistent and repeatable. We eliminate manual toil, improve productivity and reduce mean time to resolve (MTTR) while ensuring high availability for workloads that we support.
As the Azure footprint is expanding across the geography, it is imperative to have the cloud management platforms scale 10x in terms of efficiency. We are developing systems that enable self-healing capabilities for cloud services while maintaining highreliability of systems and services across Azure. Given the growth of Azure and the challenges ahead of us we are looking to re-architect large parts of our platform to keep up with the new scale. You will have an outsized impact on the architecture and design choices as we extend the capabilities to cater the diverse needs of Azure services & platforms.
If you are interested in building scalable services, if you thrive on solving tough problems, if you are passionate totry new technologies and want to be a part of a big bet for our company’s success this is the position you are looking for!
- Provide strong technical leadership, raise the technical bar, maintain data and results-driven culture, nurture a team culture of high collaboration and trust.
- Drive long-term architecture and detailed design for highly scalable distributed systems with simplicity and maintainability as core tenets.
- Collaborate across Azure to develop platforms that help deliver insights and automation to simplify the complex world of managing planetary scale.
- Communicate effectively and partner well with other disciplines of the project team to deliver high quality solutions from ideas to production code.
- Write exemplary code working with large scale distributed systems with quality, simplicity, and maintainability as core tenets.
- Mentor and develop engineers across all levels through sharing and learning.
- Be a role model for open, honest and inclusive approach to problem solving.
- 8+ years of hands-on software design and coding experience
- 3+ years of experience developing, deploying, and monitoring cloud services.
- Demonstrated success as technical lead for large, complex projects to successful delivery.
- Solid design and coding skills with a bias for architecture at scale.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work across teams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms is preferred.
- Prior experience working on C#, Java or similar.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.