|Job Type:||Full Time|
For the high-energy lead generation professional, the Sales Development Representative is a great opportunity to help drive demand for our market-leading cloud adoption and management solution. Your proven track record of working strategically with both Marketing and Sales teams in a business development and lead generation capacity will allow you to thrive in our fast-paced, high-activity environment. Partnering closely with the marketing function you will be responsible for contacting prospective customers and for qualifying opportunities for the Okta solution. Working with our seasoned account executives you will research and build pipeline, and help determine our most effective marketing channels. At Okta we believe in promoting from within and with our current growth plans and the acceleration we're seeing in our business, strong performance in this role can lead to upward mobility within the Sales organization.
Our lead generation representatives are high-energy, self-motivated, agile and able to change hats on the fly. In this highly prized role, excellent phone and email skills and the ability to quickly assess customer opportunities will be critical to your success. You will be responsible for accurately tracking customer interactions and information in our CRM system. We're looking for professionals with strong organizational and follow up skills who work well in a team environment. Prior lead generation or sales prospecting experience and a college degree will enhance your candidacy for this role. If this sounds like the type of environment in which you thrive, then we want to talk to you about this career-defining opportunity.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline
- Efficiently respond and qualify inbound marketing leads
- Help create and prioritize strategic target account lists within a defined territory
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e.: adding contacts, emails, strategic calling)
- Conduct high level conversations with Senior Executives in prospect accounts
- Evangelize Okta and the On-Demand mode
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 6-12 months of previous prospecting experience
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to understand customer needs and meet that need with a successful product sale
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.