|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come join a team committed to enabling and protecting Microsoft strategic growth, commercial success, and operational efficiency. We are focused on shareholder, customer and employee ROI, and are looking for an individual with the passion, innovation, and growth mindset to help us realize our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
As a member of the Commercial Business Intelligence (CBI) team, you will be part of a team of analysts focused on holistically analyzing the progression and behavior of our commercial revenue. You will provide actionable insight and foresight to product, sales, operations, planning, marketing, and finance partners. You will be immersed in all commercial aspects of Microsoft revenue, and leveraged as a guide for future revenue growth opportunity or path.
Core responsibilities and opportunities include:
- Drive connected insights and storytelling across stakeholders in support of business success
- Trusted partner to build sales, business planning, business operations, and finance partnership
- Owner of revenue and customer health measures and understanding drivers of “what is happening” and “why” across customer solutions in support of planning, forecasting, and performance management.
- Evolve the analytics where we learn from history to anticipate future behavior as well as areas for closer monitoring. Cover all licensing vehicles, purchase paths for drivers such as discounting, financing, concessions, product/program releases.
- Create framework and mechanism for evangelizing analytics and sourcing insights, with partner teams across Microsoft, that could be indicators on where analytics are needed.
- 5+ years in finance, data analysis, strategy or business planning experience in the technology sector, OR 5+ years of experience from a top-tier consulting firm or investment bank.
- Ability to collaborate and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organization, and creating effective partnerships.
- Ability to achieve results through both individual and cross team efforts, to manage multiple projects at the same time, and to work effectively under deadline constraints.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft commercial products and sales channels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Go getter. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial modeling and analysis. Problem-solving attitude. Experience in influencing decisions and developing strategic plans.
- Ability to "think outside the box" and not be hindered by how things have been done in the past.
- Excellent Excel and Office skills.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related degrees.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.