|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Device and Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We build and sell intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions with partners, who include OEMs, device distribution channels, original design manufacturers, and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to enable partners to deliver amazing innovative experiences powered by Windows. Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle -- from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners touch consumers, students, and businesses. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and contributing to our partnership engagements that build and launch devices and solutions worldwide. You will also be part of a people-first culture that supports a growth mindset, equality, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
The Global Device Partner Team (GDP) is looking for a driven sales leader with strong partner account management experience to drive the global business of multiple strategic device partners. The GDP Channel Executive role is required to lead a world class partner management process and build trust with the partner across Microsoft in both their local market and with our worldwide team to accelerate both local growth and global expansion of their business. This role is at the center of multiple organizations and is crucial to driving device and solution innovation with our partners and to collaboration with internal stakeholders to accelerate sales of partner device, software and service solutions.
Maximize Enterprise value for Microsoft and Partners:
- Build trusted advisor relationships with partner(s) through a deep understanding of their local strategy and business imperatives. Share expert knowledge of Microsoft strategies in a simplified manner to the partner, to create strategies with line of business executives that challenge the partners to consider new or different ways to grow their businesses
- Drive end to end relationship with the partners leveraging the account management process and marketing investments to land the local execution from device assortment and local portfolio, through to the attach of Microsoft software and cloud services.
- Advocate for partner(s) internally at the local level through a strong understanding of Microsoft’s organizational landscapes; connecting partner(s) to Microsoft executives to facilitate local reviews for device roadmaps and opportunity pipelines.
- Develop, review, and track progress with partner(s) to evaluate the health of the relationship. Continue to add value, relevancy, and credibility to further enhance trusted advisor status. Monitor partner satisfaction (CPE).
- Drive coordination with Engineering/Technical Strategy account lead to align device portfolio pipeline with partners.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of devices, software, channel, and end customers, as well as industry and market trends to share with partner(s).
Drive Growth through Our Core Business:
- Create the local long-term vision and strategic direction for the partnership in conjunction with partner leadership and senior internal stakeholders
- Execute to achieve Device Partner Sales KPIs for revenue and scorecard metrics
- Define local strategies to compete and win market share with Windows across consumer, pro, and EDU through optimized sales and marketing programs.
- Grow sales of devices that deliver preinstalled experience for Windows, Office and Microsoft services
- Build a joint strategic framework, with tactical, measurable sales, and marketing plans. Identify local Hero devices. Develop GTM across consumer and commercial channels and ensure the marketing plans have the right ROI.
- Partner with local category and device marketing to build country-specific marketing plans. Track progress of actual results of marketing campaigns and investments, reporting on ROI, and following sell-thru plans.
- Proactively monitor progress against business objectives; identify, manage, and escalate (when needed) any roadblocks, conflicts, demand spike, gap/need in portfolio or compete threats.
- Monitor market landscape and apply intelligence to influence the strategy in business planning decisions.
Transform the Device Partner Ecosystem:
- Champion Microsoft as a valued business partner by aligning the vision for Microsoft technology and services with future partner opportunities.
- Strategize with partners to build a healthy local portfolio of solutions offering’s to attach Microsoft Services across the Microsoft Solution areas, inclusive of Modern Life, Modern Workplace, Apps & Infrastructure and Data & Biz Apps.
- Transform the partner ecosystem with intelligent edge devices and services that enable our partners to grow their businesses.
- 8-10 years related sales experience
- Proven success in closing complex deals & technical understanding of devices and Microsoft Cloud opportunities.
- Proven ability to manage partner sales relationships effectively at senior executive levels.
- Proven ability to work across culturally diverse teams to solve partner and customer issues
- Strong communication and presentation skills & good understanding of Microsoft business models.
- Deep understanding of device business/sales model and experience driving partner led sales engagements
- Strong partnering, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Travel required 25-50%
Education – Required Bachelor’s Degree, MBA/Master’s Degree Preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.