|Job Type:||Full Time|
Interested in joining the Power Platform group and making an impact on bottom line revenue across the Power platform suite of products? The Power platform license team is hiring a Principal Engineer to help us grow.
We are chartered with converging on a unified licensing stack for all of Power Platform. This team is also responsible for license entitlement and consumption reporting and enforcement across Power Apps, Power Automate, Power AI, Power virtual agents and Common Data Service. We have pioneered innovative licensing models such as “Per App licensing”, “Per Flow licensing” that drives bottom line revenue numbers for the Power Platform. Our stack is critical to the business profitability for the platform and provides a unique opportunity to not only work across the multiple teams in Power Platform but be on the forefront of generating money to make us profitable.
We are a startup team, our code base is a year old we have lots of greenfield work to become the single point for Licensing for Power Platform, there are interesting challenges to solve (like big data processing) and we need to be in the forefront of launches of new business models and offers.
We are looking for someone who likes to move fast, leverages continuous delivery practices, builds the next-gen massive data processing service with fun. This position requires strong collaboration and teamwork across the teams and outside organizational boundaries. Your ability to be the technical leader, focus on service first, and part of a team that tears down silos to deliver the best service experience will be critical to your success, along with the teams.
We are looking for a principal engineer to help drive architecture and capabilities that enable end to end scenarios. This will require the candidate to collaborate and work across many teams, disciplines as well as junior to senior engineering directors in the power platform group and Ecosystems organization.
- Design and Implement new services while simultaneously extending our existing licensing services
- Design, develop, test, and ship technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies (Redis, CosmosDB, Azure BLOBs and Tables, Azure Service Fabric, keyvault, etc)
- Drive engineering and operational excellence initiatives (TDD, Service Refactoring, Continuous Delivery in a DevOps environment)
- Mentor great engineers and be a great role model of a service quality first -obsessed and data-driven Engineering
- Customer obsessed and results driven, customer first above anything else
- Collaborate continuously with Program Managers, Software Engineering and our business users to define KPIs and measure reliability, availability and performance of our services including internal services and external integrations
- Develop high quality monitoring and service health reporting solutions that address our live site needs and reflect the actual user or customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- Experience with Java or C++ or C#
- 7+ years of experience designing and building large scale distributed systems which deal with huge amount of data
- Experience with technical leadership in a team.
- Desire to learn, analyze, synthetize data, and continuously improve.
- Proven experience in diverse technologies and technical challenges, in services development and systems engineering
- Proven experience in cloud technology stacks
- Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills and driving skills
- Cloud operation experience, cloud native mindset, including performance, reliability, resilience, scale-out and big data analytics
- Demonstrated ability of driving complex problems and reaching consensus across teams
- Excellent communicator, comfortable presenting to large audiences and customers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.