|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
MAVS HR is part of the team at Microsoft that gets to on-board and integrate amazing companies that Microsoft acquires. We provide timely integration insight to influence the deal and strategy, scaled and rigorous due diligence, and we utilize our expertise to educate and influence leaders and teams for acquisition success.
We are looking for an HR professional with a strength in program and project management (PM) to be part of the team. This is fast paced and exciting work, as part of a team across HR, tech, finance, and integration management, you will partner with the business leaders from Microsoft and acquired companies to create and execute on the people plan.
Utilizing PM skills and experiences, you will have the opportunity to provide project management leadership on deals with mid/high complexity; evolve the practice through cross functional systems, processes, and project leadership; and lead deals with normal complexity including talent planning, risk assessment and mitigation, talent assessment and selection, employee onboarding and engagement to ensure deal success. This includes leading the coordination of HR teams across functions and geographies to develop and execute on the integrated talent plan with Microsoft and acquired company.
- Enhance Microsoft’s acquisition practice by building, leading, and influencing cross team programs and projects that ensure learning is applied as we strive for acquisition success.
- Lead critical HR workstreams on deals to ensure the value drivers of the deal are maintained (e.g. communications, due diligence, assessment and offers, onboarding).
- Partner with your counterparts on the team, Line HR, and Compensation, Benefits and Operations M&A counterparts to develop and implement an integration plan that helps Microsoft preserve investment value.
- Interact with Acquisition Company and Microsoft employees globally; consider and adjust to local culture requirements.
- Develop or contribute to people strategies and project plans in support of the business goals for the acquisitions.
- Provide M&A HR expertise to the deal team, and to the Microsoft and Acquisition Leaders you are partnering with on the transaction.
- Assess, coach and influence the Microsoft and Acquisition Leaders on decisions to facilitate the right outcomes and ensure the value drivers of the transaction are realized.
- Effectively onboard the Acquisition Company Leaders including developing and driving the onboarding plan in partnership with Line HR counterpart.
- Influence key acquisition decisions which impact Microsoft’s ability to attract and retain critical talent.
- 9+ years of work experience with Human Resources or related processes (e.g., hiring, training, talent management, performance management) OR 7+ years of work experience with Human Resources or related processes (e.g., hiring, training, performance management) with Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Expertise in acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, recruiting, HR generalist, talent management, compensation/stock, and/or organization development preferred.
- 3+ years of experience partnering with a wide network of clients and across Human Resources globally to deliver effective business solutions
- Strong communication and project management skills, ability to perform in an environment of ambiguity and influence decisions and implementation across the Microsoft organization and acquisition entities, as well as the ability to positively represent Microsoft.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.