|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are the Core OS and Intelligent Edge Servicing and Delivery (CSD) team working in the Windows Engineering System and are responsible for keeping the digital production line running efficiently. We are on a mission to modernize these business-critical services. This includes optimizing the workflows and building telemetry pipelines to report on progress, alert, and auto-mitigate issues in real time while at the same time detecting and categorizing both functional and performance regressions. Our team is a multi-discipline team whose core responsibilities include building tools, defining process, and tweaking telemetry signals to manage our large-scale distributed build, packaging, and release systems. This is a complex juggling act of moving legacy systems to cloud based elastic services, while keeping the daily rhythm of the business of servicing over a billion users running. As a PM for BOOM, you will be responsible for defining and managing all aspects of service execution and life cycle (design, development, quality assurance, production deployment, service availability, reliability, and live site monitoring).
- Define and implement software delivery scenarios for CSD in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Provide subject matter expertise with exceptional depth of knowledge for the areas of ownership and integrated partner services.
- Report program status periodically.
- Design, write and deliver strategy in the form of feature specs to improve network automation, availability, reliability, scalability, security, resiliency, and efficiency of highly complex distributed release services.
- Design and implement real-time telemetry pipelines and monitoring solutions on world-class big data technologies in Azure to automatically discover problems at their source.
- Design and implement reporting solutions to identify and visualize system trends etc. informing need for engineering investment.
- Define auto recovery/mitigation solutions for costly production problems based on reliable telemetry signals.
- Support periodic on-call duties and live site support.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent field or experience
- Familiarity creating key results, monitoring dashboards, and using data to continuously deliver improvements to service performance and reliability.
- Familiarity with data analysis techniques.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability to deliver projects with results of increasing technical complexity and ability to handle ambiguity.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused collaborative environment.
- Passionate about sharing your experiences and knowledge, growing and mentoring your peers.
- Continuous learner driven by curiosity and a desire to understand the business impact of the work.
- Familiarity with big data technologies like Azure Data Lake, Apache Spark, Kusto or their equivalents.
- Familiarity with building and supporting services built on Azure
- Capable of technical deep dives into service and systems design, data processing and data movement pipelines, networking, storage, monitoring, security, and capacity planning.
- Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong emphasis on quality and engineering excellence.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.