|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are the Azure Data Factory team which is part of the Azure Data organization. Azure Data Factory teams present interesting challenges in technologies such as big-data, cloud, advanced analytics, and open-source. We build reliable, highly scalable, and highly performing distributed systems for data analytics on Azure. We work with various open-source technologies like spark, Yarn, etc.
We are hiring engineers who are passionate about learning how to build scalable, distributed, highly available, and secure cloud native services. We are creating a fully managed service that is the core Metadata Service and will power Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, and Azure Babylon and also provides Hive Metastore API interfaces. Azure Data Factory is designed to enable developers to build their advance analytics and AI applications using powerful technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Azure Machine Learning, Azure Batch. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a very agile team, take on hard data analytics problems and ship high impact features at a rapid pace. We need collaborative developers who can think big, deliver on those big challenges, and along the way, change the world. Do you want to change the world with data and large-scale distributed systems? Do you want to solve challenges that you didn’t even know existed until you get to a large size? Come join us on the Azure Data Factory team!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry engineering experience
- 3+ years of programming experience in Java OR C++ OR C OR object-oriented programming
- Great curiosity and willingness to question.
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
- Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems.
- Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers.
- Experience coding in C#.
- Working experience with ETL, Spark SQL, DataFrame, DataSet, etc
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.