|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Services. Continuing this success, Azure has expanded into the Government space with its mission-critical cloud, delivering breakthrough innovation and security to those customers and their partners. With world-class security, protection, and compliance, agencies can accelerate cloud adoption with confidence, in a consistent hybrid environment designed for flexibility and scale. Azure Government enables innovation with deeply integrated cloud services, advanced analytics, and an open application platform, that provides the building blocks to rapidly develop, deploy and manage intelligent solutions. Government customers can leverage the vast network of Microsoft’s technology partners and diverse marketplace offerings, to advance their mission and serve their citizens.
As we drive to be the leading cloud platform in the world, Azure Global Government is hiring an engineering leader to drive Azure’s government new product engineering efforts to address critical government needs and expand those efforts across all regulated industries.
- Lead design of solutions for the Azure Government platforms to meet the strictest US Government security standards.
- Identify and drive strategies for Azure and customer architecture, engineering and service integration that align to our customers’ mission outcomes.
- Ensure market-relevant infrastructure, security, and identity requirements are adequately addressed and built into Azure services.
- Drive engineering-based automation and efficiency in the Azure’s security authorization process to accelerate the rate that innovation can reach government customers.
- Drive and effectively manage large strategic and complex projects, with executive visibility and many critical dependencies.
- Develop a deep understanding of how top customers use Azure platforms and their need for differentiating technologies and the security requirements of those workloads.
- Engage with colleagues across a large, diverse, and distributed organization to drive decisive action that delivers results.
- Remove customer barriers to cloud adoption through robust security and comprehensive authorizations.
- 5+ years’ experience in product, project, or program management with large scale services, mission applications, or distributed systems.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Candidates must have an active US Government Top Secret security clearance and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph), or have an active TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- 5 years of industry experience working the Government market sector serving Local, State, and / or Federal Government agencies (including Civilian, Department of Defense or the Intelligence Community).
- Strong track record of leading innovation.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment.
- Self-managing leader who takes initiative.
- Technical aptitude in service design, architecture and software development, preferably in the following fields; Cloud-hosted applications and services, Security, System Authorization, intelligence or defense mission systems, tactical hardware design, and network architecture.
This role will require some travel to Redmond, WA (<25%).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.