|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Corporation has an immediate opening for a dynamic, highly motivated and experienced attorney at our global headquarters in Redmond, Washington to support the Modern Work Marketing team. You will be responsible for providing legal guidance, directly and in coordination with other attorneys and legal professionals, to executives and their teams on a range of legal, policy, business and strategic issues, supporting Modern Work Marketing.
Modern Work Marketing is one of the most impactful business for the company, responsible for the commercial marketing and business planning for Office 365, Office suites, Teams, Outlook, and SharePoint. The role will include a broad and varied portfolio of legal work including advising on business strategy and other areas of the commercial business.
- Provide legal support for the marketing teams across the commercial business of Microsoft’s Modern Work Marketing
- Advise internal clients on a broad range of complex legal and business issues, including intellectual property, privacy, security, advertising, and regulatory and compliance issues
- Provide actionable advice on legal, business, regulatory and policy matters, and serve as a trusted partner to clients and colleagues
- Draft and negotiate transactional documents, including agreements relating to the marketing, distribution, and sale of our offerings
- Collaborate with legal department colleagues and business clients on multiple teams on the development and execution of business strategies
- Excellent academic credentials, a JD or equivalent from an ABA accredited law school or equivalent non-U.S. law degree, and an active license to practice law
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience as a practicing attorney
- Experience in counseling complex and broad legal issues and in the technology industry is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment with a mindset and bias for action and demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguity, adapt to changing circumstances, prioritize workflow, and drive efficiencies
- Sound judgment that incorporates strong legal analysis, a pragmatic approach, and consideration of business goals, risk tolerance, and stakeholder priorities
- The ability to effectively partner internally and externally, and function in a highly matrixed environment, to drive highly scaled impact
The above description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.