|Location:||United States, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
This Customer Success Manager role will cover managed Modern Work customers in their area. This is an exciting role that will drive usage and consumption of customer owned workloads that will create bonds with our Enterprise customers and will fuel customer success, retention, growth, renewal and inoculate us against the competition. Your work will be focused on helping our customers achieve more through Remote Work and Business Continuity scenarios.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive Microsoft 365 usage with a focus on Microsoft Teams workloads including Meetings and Platform and Apps on Teams.
- Securing BDM/ITDM intent to use Microsoft Teams and aligning with Line of Business priorities at your customers.
- Build, maintain and leverage strong relationships with Business Decision Makers (BDMs) within each customer to influence adoption.
- Drive end-user excitement to create viral adoption (e.g. excitement days, champions programs).
- Drive business scenarios leveraging Meetings and Platform and Apps in Teams to drive Teams usage.
- Act as the single point of accountability for Monthly Active Usage (MAU) for Teams Meetings and Platform and Apps workloads within the customer while proactively identifying new workloads and expansion opportunities.
- Operate as One Microsoft by engaging workload experts (e.g., Teams TS, ATS, FastTrack/ENG, partners, etc.) to drive business outcomes and incremental value creation.
- Clearly define BDM/ITDM business outcomes and build a high quality "success plan" inclusive of customer objectives, stakeholders, milestones, risks and metrics needed to achieve them.
- Lead customer consumption governance for BDMs through proactive partnership with customer v-team.
- Lead Microsoft Teams internal alignment/ROB for all assigned customers through proactive partnership with Microsoft v-team.
- Represent the technical "Voice of the Customer" within Microsoft to inform and influence engineering, and document business-value driven customer success stories and shared practices.
- Activate Microsoft Account Team when new sales opportunities (Upsell or Cross-Sell) are generated through consumption engagements with BDM
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years of experience in consultative selling or customer success. Experience in consulting or pre-sales, experience in both is ideal.
- PROSCI certification and/or change management expertise.
- Ability to map the customer’s business process to product capability.
- Experience in running governance of complex deployment and usage projects within large organizations.
- Strong technical understanding of Microsoft Teams, Platform, and Meetings workloads with Microsoft 365 experience.
- Willingness and desire to engage with both Business Decision Makers and IT Decision Makers.
- Learn it all mentality with desire to better understand both business and technology solutions.
Location(s): United States
Travel: Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. This position requires approximately 25% overnight travel if you reside or are willing to relocate within commuting distance to the work. This position may require up to 75% overnight travel if you are not within commuting distance to the work.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.