|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about enabling Microsoft customers and partners get the most from their Big Data, Data Platform, Analytics, or Intelligence (AI) solutions? Do you enjoy collaborating across HQ and field teams to find ways to help our customers and partners plan, and operate solutions that are enabled by advanced analytics and artificial intelligence? Do you have experience leading the development and execution of data-driven, go-to-market (GTM) programs which grow the business and drive intentional sales in consulting organizations? Do you want to be a part of Microsoft’s Azure Cloud & Artificial Intelligence (AI) strategy?
The Azure Cloud & AI Strategy and Solutions Team in Microsoft Consulting Services leads a comprehensive set of cloud services strategies across Data & AI, aligning execution through Services, Partners, WW Industry, and the Specialtist Team Unit (STU). The Azure Cloud & AI Solution Strategy Team leads the business direction of a rich and robust solutions portfolio that accelerates customers’ businesses with the power of Data and AI. The team also assists with the marketing, presales, and sales assets spanning the customer journey of enterprise customers across the globe. This Program Management role has a critical role in program and solution development, field landing and guiding execution in Services.
We are looking for a highly skilled Manager in the Data & AI Business to create programs that grow our global consulting business, support our yearly company priorities, and ultimately enable our customers to successfully adopt new Microsoft technologies.
Data & AI Strategy and Solutions Program Manager
Cloud adoption and AI are key to the success of Microsoft. As Director, you will own and drive the business architecture roadmap that informs the design and delivery of our sales and marketing approach and play a leading role in providing feedback to our leadership team to shape the Microsoft Consulting Services strategy for Data & AI. The leading-edge GTM guidance that you publish will be used worldwide by our Services Sales organization to grow share by selling more effectively in multiple high-growth industries and segments.
Additionally, you will proactively engage a community of subject matter experts in Marketing, Sales, and Consulting Services teams to align and drive consistent business value propositions and differentiated offers driven primarily by direct field requirements. You’ll create and land Go-To-Market (GTM) plans to grow the business, help our sales team accelerate customers’ decisions, define solutions that consolidate end-to-end services and technology into a meaningful customer context, and you’ll lead v-teams across Microsoft to amplify our cloud value propositions for customers and partners everywhere.
Data & AI is a critical part of Microsoft’s overall strategy and you will be responsible for making sure that Microsoft Consulting Services is well positioned to capitalize on this opportunity.
The ideal candidate will be very comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and will bring existing knowledge of Program Management, Business Development and Sales tools.
- Understand the capabilities and value propositions of the current product portfolio and roadmap and the resulting Microsoft Consulting Services opportunities, challenges, and business concerns.
- Develop scenario-based business value propositions and differentiated offers that incorporate content and story architectures based on industry and business experience as well as the real-time field experience of our Data & AI Architects and a set of identified field SMEs.
- Manage the lifecycle of a significant portion of the current product portfolio and roadmap; understand what drives Consulting Services opportunities, challenges, and business concerns.
- Work with the Solution Strategy Programs Teams to strategize, envision, and plan Data & AI solutions and offerings that align and support Microsoft’s analytics and AI strategy.
- Understand the conversations, capabilities and value propositions of the current product portfolio and roadmap and the resulting Microsoft Consulting Services opportunities, challenges and business concerns, help to connect the offers and position them as a supporting mechanism for the GTMs
- Communicate Microsoft Enterprise Services Value Proposition as it aligns to the scenario.
- Engage deeply with the sales field to understand where we are winning (or more importantly losing) to adapt the GTM approach.
- Inform the evolution of the GTMs in an agile fashion by programmatically engaging with field SMEs to rationalize feedback on existing scenarios and prioritize new scenarios based on relative growth potential.
- Research industry challenges and opportunities to understand market trends, competitive forces, and MSFT product differentiation to inform the scenarios and augment the GTMs.
- Communicate the relevance and positioning of the offers with our global sales organization to help them understand how to use the content to drive new business – specifically to provide sales guidance for Scenario-driven opportunities such as community calls, seller workshops, internal skills-building training sessions, and customer Executive Briefing Center presentations
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and other v-teams to land the overall GTM strategy that supports all the sales stages, demand generation through deal closure.
- Help to shape the Consulting Services strategy through the 3-year business plan, yearly execution plan, and sales playbooks.
- Harvest existing Microsoft sales IP to support scenarios, identify IP gaps, and develop required IP to rollout GTM solutions.
Desired Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong business acumen with the ability to translate business challenges with corresponding solution approaches into rationalized GTMs.
- Strong design led thinking, business process and architecture acumen.
- 10+ years of Program or Project Management
- Experience building Sales or Delivery offerings
- Experience in Marketing, messaging, and storytelling.
- Demonstrated ability to learn fast in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate with customers and partners effectively and professionally.
- Strong communication, data synthesis, presentation, and leadership skills
Comfort interacting with senior business executives.
- Adaptable work-style - functioning well both as a member of the team and as a self-directed, independent worker.
- Experience with AI and the data estate requirements to power advanced analytics models, the current opportunities, and challenges in this space as well as the competitive landscape around AI.
- Strong analytical skills, a passion for analytics technology, and creativity in defining how new technologies can help customers reduce costs, improve profitability, gain efficiency and gain a competitive advantage and the ability to translate business challenges with corresponding solution approaches into rationalized GTMs
- Strong understanding of program management skills as a discipline
- Business consulting experience is highly desired.
- Experience in one or more Microsoft managed industries (Manufacturing, Retail, Healthcare, Financial Services)
- Proven experience with the end-to-end Microsoft analytics stack as well as other market-leading technologies is desirable including the ability to assess an
- d communicate competitive positioning and SWOT.
- An undergraduate degree in Business or Information Systems, or equivalent experience. An MBA will be a key differentiator.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the world and travel will likely be less than 25%, globally (once safe again).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data & AI, Program Manager, Azure, Azure Cloud & AI, Azure, Digital Transformation, Big Data, Solutions, Industry, Go-to-Market,