|Location:||New York, New York|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you wake up every morning hoping to find time to learn a bit more about platforms like Spark, Kubernetes, Pytorch, or React? Do you enjoy solving problems, writing software, and working with customers? Our team is looking for engineers who love to learn and are eager to share what they know with colleagues and customers.
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges. We work closely with our customers’ engineers to jointly develop code to solve their biggest challenges and to accelerate their organization. We work in collaboration with Microsoft product teams, partners and open source communities to empower our customers to do more with the cloud. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source and make our platforms easier to adopt.
We develop solutions side-by-side with our customers through collaborative innovation to solve their challenges. This work involves the development of broadly applicable, high-impact solution patterns and open source software assets that contribute to the Microsoft platform. In this role, you will be working with engineers from your team and your customers’ teams to apply our skills, perspectives, and creativity to grow as engineers and solve our customers’ toughest challenges.
- Working hands-on with your team and our customers through design and implementation, demonstrating good engineering practices and coding along the way.
- Sharing your work and learningswith your team, Microsoft product teams, and the OSS community.
- Continuously improving our ability to deliver quality solutions by helping to evolve our engineering process
- Continuously building your technical knowledge
- Exhibiting our core values of accountability, integrity, and respect every day.
- At least 2+ years of professional, hands-on experience in software developmentbuilding production quality software.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Hands-on experience building production quality software (ideally cloud services) in an agile environment
- We do not require deep expertise in all software stacks that our customers use. However, we do look for people who are familiar with a mix of open-source and cloud technologies.
- Inclusive, collaborative growth-mindset approach
- Demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up on new languages and technologies.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or comparable practical professional experience
- Enjoy travel and are comfortable with travel up to 25% (post-pandemic)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.