|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft Consulting Services helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
The Business Applications America Time Zone Services Practice Leader (SPL) is a Services Leadership role within our Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) Domain organization. You will be accountable for leading a consulting services delivery organization comprised of service professionals, both managers and individual contributors for the Americas. You will drive and optimizes the overall business and people strategy in alignment with Microsoft Consulting Services, Domain priorities, Customer needs and Area objectives. As the leader of your organization you will be expected to create clarity in a complex organizational environment, generate energy through a bias towards action, and deliver results from a performance and scorecard standpoint while fostering a culture of inclusivity and growth mindset.
Business Ownership- Deliver Business Results through Teamwork & Delivery Excellence:
- Through their teams, achieves or exceeds all Domain KPI’s/scorecard targets and metrics from quarter to quarter.
- Leads overall rhythm of the business to deliver on Microsoft Consulting Services/Domain strategy and ensures team implementation.
- Ensures team keeps fundamentals in line through efficient cost management, accurate forecasting, revenue attainment, risk mitigation, backlog management and strategic workforce planning.
- Sets the bar for Delivery Excellence and Tech Intensity through consistent and timely use of published guidelines, best practices, and tools.
- Leads team to deliver successful solutions/deal proposals that achieve business outcomes while maintaining high (internal/external) customer/partner satisfaction.
- Ensures the business meets organizational SLA’s to increase deal velocity/quality.
- Demonstrates situational leadership and exceptional judgement in tough commercial and personnel situations.
- Exemplifies and champions Microsoft’s values and leadership principles while fostering our growth mindset culture.
- Facilitates an environment of inclusion and empathy that leverages diverse perspectives and talent, to better represent and understand our global customers.
- Responsible for their organization’s annual People Rhythm of the Business ensuring team consistency in performance management and Rewards.
- Builds organizational capability, stewards talent management, and ensures succession planning.
- Drives a culture of Management Excellence through our Model, Coach, Care framework.
- Sponsors strategic people initiatives that address employee feedback, drive talent development, enable career growth and increases retention.
- Ensures team drives tech intensity through comprehensive technical and professional readiness plans with a focus on cloud solutions, consumption and digital usage.
- Holds ultimate responsibility for both workplace and leadership health index.
Leadership - Leading Change and Services Innovation:
- Develops and/or lands proactive change management plans with comprehensive communication strategies, to lead business transformation and evolution.
- Ensures alignment, strong collaboration, and change / transformation activities with Services Sales and Account Aligned Delivery organization objectives.
- Exemplifies a strong orchestration and stakeholder management capability across organizational boundaries to simplify customer experiences and excels in dealing with complexity and ambiguity.
- Ensures that the organization is guiding customer/partners through relevant change initiatives and is competent in core change-management methods and techniques.
- Consistently contributes as a proven thought leader on the direction of the WW services-offerings portfolio and Intellectual Property re-use.
- Sponsors projects / customers and initiatives that support innovation, drive cost efficiency, foster diverse perspectives and align with the Microsoft strategy.
- Successful track record of leading senior delivery leaders, and individual contributors, within a large consulting services practice demonstrating strong people management skills and the ability to lead with empathy. Extensive experience across the full life cycle of services (strategy, consulting, support) from pre-sales through delivery in organizations of similar size and complexity.
- Candidates must have a deep understanding of markets, customers, and Business Applications; have the background to provide leadership in the Americas and demonstrate effectiveness in consulting and client/stakeholder management.
- Background in solving large and complex customer issues successfully by collaborating with senior leaders (customer and internal stakeholders).
- Deep understanding of delivery skills, methods, tools, and services sales.
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and change management skills.
- Strong business acumen and an understanding of how Microsoft’s Consulting Services align to customer outcomes.
- 10+ years’ experience with direct people management.
- Consultancy background, with 10+ years of Business Applications related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent and/or Master’s degree/MBA preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.