|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you enjoy working on features that empowers millions of users to collaborate with each other by exchanging billions of messages each day? Do you pride yourself in your craft when you ship robust user-facing features at a fast pace?
If your answers to the questions are yes, then this opportunity might be for you. In Microsoft Teams Core Chat and Messaging group, we build the core set of communication and collaboration experiences for our millions of users. Our goals are to provide users a performant, reliable, and expressive mean to collaborate and communicate. Our domain covers the entire messaging and presence experience in the desktop and web client including composing personalized messages, to real-time delivery of status messages, automatic language translations, and beyond. We are constantly working to improve the way people collaborate in real time within the Microsoft Teams product.
You will be actively architecting, designing, developing, and testing solutions that directly impacts the end-user. As a senior member in our engineering team, you will also be helping to provide technical leadership and mentorship to more junior members of team, as well as driving best practices across the team on cross-cutting concerns.
Qualified candidates are passionate about creating and supporting next generation products and services, demonstrate capable development skills, have a passion for quality and performance, and are excited to build solutions with customer-centric experiences.
- Define well thought out design patterns and code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, maintainability, and performance.
- Consider and advocate for customer’s perspective and experiences and help define innovative solutions to their concerns.
- Communicate effectively and partner well with other disciplines of the project team to deliver high quality solutions from envisioning to deployment to live site availability.
- Coordinate and drive your own dependencies, design reviews, code reviews, and test case reviews.
- Evaluate, adapt, and drive adoption for new technologies, tools, methods, and processes for customer problems as well as cross-cutting engineering concerns.
- Total of 6 years of demonstrated work experience in creating performant and delightful user experience-based features
- Computer Science or similar engineering degree
- Proven track record in shipping scaled solutions at speed
Architecture/Design Engineering Skills:
- Experience with React, AngularJS or another modern web framework
- Experience with large scale data analytics and failure analysis
- Experience with any of the following testing: performance testing, security testing, privacy testing, accessibility testing, and localization/globalization testing.
- Experience using structured design and modeling techniques
- Ability to work in cross functional teams and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with and influence various stakeholders without authority
- Domain knowledge in one or more vertical industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and collaborate across multiple groups and disciplines
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision making skills
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of testing practices
Skills (Nice to have)
- Knowledge on Microsoft Azure technology.
- Competence with Apollo, GraphQL, Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, and Node
- Interest in the latest and greatest in Open Source Software
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.