|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
The Senior Engineer - Salesforce & CPQ will be responsible for the design and development of flexible and scalable solutions on the Salesforce and CPQ platform. This role requires that you understand Salesforce and CPQ design and development best practices and can apply them to the delivery of business solutions. The Developer will work with technical and cross-functional business teams to implement enhancements, projects, and resolve incidents, and requires a combination of analytical, technical, business acumen, and communication skills.
You will develop tools to help scale our revenue-generating operations and increase sales efficiency. This is a multi-faceted role where you will work multi-functionally with our Sales, Customer success , Product, Growth, Marketing, and Finance teams. This position is based in our San Francisco HQ.
In this role, you will:
- Design and develop secure, scalable technical solutions on the Salesforce and CPQ platform
- Create and collaborate on solution and technical design artifacts, and present and participate in cross-functional review sessions
- Communicate technical solutions and design tradeoffs to Business Applications team members as well as business stakeholders
- Display expertise in Salesforce and CPQ functionality and features, through all interactions on Business Applications projects
- Provide technical support for new projects, enhancements, and bug fixes related to solutions being delivered on the Salesforce & CPQ platform.
- Work with Business system analysts to design & implement end to end automations
- Partner with Sales Ops, Finance, Growth and implementation partners to build and deploy Salesforce CPQ configuration automations.
- Analyze business processes to identify inefficiencies and critical metrics
- Lead engagement with business contacts on requirements and design analysis
- Evaluate existing code and develop plans to reduce technical debt over time and establishing technical roadmap with system architects
- Maintain and optimize full lifecycle software development using standard configuration, Apex, VisualForce, LWC, API’s, CPQ and Force.com applications
- Coordinate and collaborate with other developers and team members to obtain requirements, develop solution design, manage UATs and post go-live activities
- Establish best practices and standards for well designed, testable, efficient code with high quality
- Participate in peer reviewing and debugging existing source code and resolve support requests for existing environments
- Mentor, develop and train Junior developers
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Salesforce Developer Certification (PD2 current)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years in Salesforce development/administration experience with extensive knowledge of Sales Cloud, Apex, VisualForce, LWC and Force.com tools and applications
- 2+ years of designing, configuring and developing on Salesforce CPQ platform
- Experience with Python, with an emphasis on interacting with Salesforce APIs
- Web services experience preferred (REST, SOAP)
- Familiarity with integration applications such as Mulesoft preferred
- Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, prioritize effectively, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Experience working in sales cloud and communities.
- Experience in contributing to setting up CI/CD pipeline using Metadata APIs and Jenkins.
- Experience in agile development methodology
- Familiarity with Apex Enterprise Design Patterns (fflib) is plus
- Excellent communication skills and proven success in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Experience designing test plans, performing unit testing, and writing test classes to ensure proper code coverage
- Strong problem solving skills
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.