|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Consulting Services’ mission is to lead and serve Microsoft’s customers and partners as they realize their full potential through Microsoft software and services. Microsoft Services and its partners bring a deep expertise of Microsoft solutions - from enterprise planning to deployment and support - which helps our customers innovate to strategic advantage in their respective industries.
Within Microsoft Consulting Services, the Adoption and Change Management (ACM) and Modern Service Management (MSM) Practice is seeking an experienced ACM Architect to join our team, with the successful candidate based in the United States.
The ACM Architect is a non-technical consulting role, specializing in leading organizational change management and adoption services for Microsoft’s enterprise customers. This role leads ACM consulting engagements across in North America and LATAM and works closely with the broader adoption ecosystem to drive high-value usage of technology and, ultimately, sticky end user adoption. In a world of consumption-based economics (driven by cloud and devices), technology usage, consumption and adoption are the new currencies.
The ACM Architect role delivers high quality adoption solutions for Microsoft enterprise customers across all industries. Consulting activities can range from a digital culture readiness assessment and change strategy / roadmap through to long-term large-scale international change programs; all centered on better enabling the Microsoft Platform and achieving maximum return on investment. This role operates at the program level and it is common for individuals to be managing and delivering multiple projects at the same time. In addition to consulting delivery, the ACM Architect also drives new work sold and supports the scoping and selling of complex ACM consulting solutions, including writing statements of work and managing risk.
To be successful in the role you will need to have a balance of practical change management consulting experience and team leadership skills. You will need to have a track record in successfully dealing with a broad mix of stakeholders ranging from end users and project personnel through to executive leaders and senior managers, and you will also need to demonstrate the ability to achieve results through influence in an ambiguous environment. Self-motivated candidates with multi-language skills who are able to work across multiple cultures in a matrix organization will be viewed highly.
Business Development and Pre-sales
- Working as the immediate contact and opportunity owner, you will work with the new Global Pursuit team to effectively answer and address engagement requests from the new Global Domains and direct from Account Aligned teams within the different domain Areas.
- Drive business development; scope value-add ACM consulting solutions; and support presales motions, including writing statements of work and customer presentations
- Quantify the needs of the business to achieve value outcomes; champion required methodology; capture/reuse IP; and share recommended practices
- Mentor and coach ACM Consultants and customer change teams
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships across the adoption ecosystem both internally and within the customer environment
- Manage consulting delivery risk effectively and coordinate project governance; including managing project scope, delivery schedules, and issue resolution
- Deliver high quality architectural solutions centered on the organizational change management and adoption services required to enable the Microsoft Platform and achieve maximum return on investment
- Provide strong leadership of ACM delivery teams, with an ability to influence high performance and collaboration between all parts of the Enterprise services organization
- You will be responsible for evangelizing the need and impact of Adoption & Change Management, both internally through field readiness, internal conferences, team/functional meetings etc. and externally through EBCs, speaking engagements, conferences, blogs etc.
- Offering and IP Development
- 7+ years of professional enterprise experience
- 5+ of organizational change management consulting experience
- 3+ years leading a organizational change team
- BA or BS degree in Social Science, Humanities, Psychology or Business and/or equivalent experience (MBA preferred)
- Preferred certification or accreditation (one or more of the following):
- Certified Change Management Professional™ (CCMP™) – from the ACMP
- Prosci Certified Change Practitioner – from Prosci
- Foundation Change Agent Certification – from Changefirst
- Change Management Practitioner Certification – from APMG International
- Accredited Change Management Specialist or Master – from the Change Management Institute
- Post-graduate in Organizational Change Management or equivalent
- A strong understanding of solution selling; previous experience selling transformation/change management, business change through technology, or similar consulting offerings
- Executive-level interpersonal, verbal, written & presentation skills; strong listening & team building skills
- Experience working with different regional cultures and within a virtual global practice team
- An understanding of the Microsoft technology platform and previous experience in technology driven organizational change is preferred
- Experience in behavioural economics; Agile delivery; and project management is valued
- Solid understanding of Microsoft’s key ACM Practice solutions across the Domain organization workloads
- Fluent in English. Spanish and Portuguese fluency a plus.
Please note - Travel is an integral part of this position and will be 25-50% of the role, as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.