|Location:||Chicago, Illinois, Detroit, Michigan, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
This Manager, Customer Success role will directly manage full-time employees (FTE) and/or vendor CSMs that will cover managed Modern Work customers in their territory. This is an exciting role that will help create bonds with our Modern Work customers and will fuel customer success, retention, growth, renewal and advocacy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive usage growth of "Modern Work" workloads (Microsoft 365 with a focus on Microsoft Teams Meetings and Platform and Apps on Teams) thru Customer Success excellence; reducing competitive threat.
- Hire, develop, support, coach and enable CSMs to ensure effective delivery against priorities.
- Role Model One Microsoft - exceptional cross-team collaboration and communicator. Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the subsidiary to drive CSM and CE role clarity and effective cross-team collaboration.
- Amplify the Voice of the Customer within Microsoft, representing the customers’ technical interests, generating insights, removing obstacles, and influencing engineering roadmaps.
- Manage your Area’s coverage and role orchestration model balancing customer needs, future growth and fiscal year usage goals.
- Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption/utilization opportunity management, Scrum and high-quality reporting and insights through proper tools and channels.
- Deep engagement with Business Decision Makers and IT Decision Makers (BDM/ITDMs) to deliver business outcomes.
- Manage and drive usage culture at scale within the local Microsoft subsidiary and the Microsoft partner ecosystem.
- Identify and document consumption best practices and customer references to further grow the success of the CSM program.
- Identify and document new MIP (Managed IP), and manage Utilization of your CE resources to ensure optimal productivity and client value.
- Execute Team Readiness and Development - Attract, develop and retain a talented team of profile CSMs, leveraging both HR & external sources to ensure a strong pipeline of future candidates.
- Lead by example via deep, direct involvement in customer engagements and a "showing by doing" mindset. Manage performance through appropriate 1:1s and connect sessions, conduct performance management assessments and reviews annually (FTEs).
- Develop capability thanks to his/her own abilities to deliver all CSM customer facing activities, including the ability to coach CSMs on the delivery of a functional design / gap analysis, creation of qualitative "Success Plans", the design/driving of adoption strategies and plans and the optimization of Microsoft’s purchase options for maximum impact.
- Support and enable professional development planning and execution through assessments and role-based training plans.
- Hold the team and individuals accountable for results and recognize appropriately.
- Ensure team members execute effectively, collaborate appropriately and deliver a positive impact on the organization.
- Create an inclusive, engaging and motivating work environment that improves Work Health Index (WHI) results annually.
Lead team to ensure intense focus on Business Value, Active Usage/Adoption, Renewals and Advocacy
- Provide support, coaching and enablement to CSM team to ensure effective delivery against the Monthly Active Usage and/or Utilization targets, drive adoption, create high-quality customer success plans, and monitor customer health.
- Become an expert in the Modern Work methodologies, programs and processes.
- Build strong client relationships with the appropriate customer executives that support the CSMs engagements. Strengthen that relationship through a deep understanding of the customer’s business needs.
- Establish a BDM-focused culture.
- Help remove blockers for the team.
- Lead the team to be a proactive, agile and responsive point of contact for the customer and to be an effective technical Voice of the Customer inside Microsoft.
- Establish a culture that grows account references, advocacy and loyalty for the CSM and CE practice by maintaining high levels of customer success and satisfaction.
- Run the monthly/quarterly ROB process and Scrum, both collecting performance data from the team and reporting performance to the Customer Success Unit (CSU) Lead and Corporate Team.
- Manage team appropriately to reach agreed to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Participate as member of the extended Strategy Team in the creation of strategy, targets and processes that will enable successful attainment of goals.
- Create a high data hygiene culture. Ensure CSMs enter data on customer engagements in a timely and high quality way that allows accurate reporting to Field/Segment leadership teams.
- Identify and help remove blockers in processes both internal and external through escalation, scoping, feedback and coaching.
- Establish regular contact with client base to review and gather feedback on the CSM role and program to drive further improvement.
Enable Stakeholder Collaboration and Coordination
- Help CSM/CE resources connect to their relevant internal stakeholders and build positive relationships across other Microsoft leadership roles.
- Ensure your team leads customer consumption governance for BDMs for all assigned accounts, through proactive partnership with customer v-team.
- Ensure your team leads Microsoft Teams internal alignment and ROB for all assigned customers through proactive partnership with Microsoft v-team.
- 5+ years of experience in people leadership
- 10+ years of experience in consultative selling ideally in consulting or technical sales
- 5+ years of experience in driving change management and effective adoption within key technologies
- Proven ability to map the customer’s business process to product capability
- Strong technical understanding of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams workloads.
- Top-notch executive engagement and communication skills
- Proven ability to establish trusted advisor relationships with business decision makers
- Passion for making others successful
- Willingness to travel - up to 40%
- BA/BS or equivalent required, MBA in IT, finance, or general management preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.