|Job Type:||Full Time|
SR FINANCE MANAGER – Minecraft Team – Xbox Game Studios
Are you a highly motivated and confident finance professional looking for a challenging role in one of the most exciting studios in gaming? The Gaming Finance team is looking for a highly motivated and confident finance professional to support our Minecraft studio. Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world.
This position requires best of class financial project management skills, deep cross-group collaboration, exceptional business partnership, broad knowledge of gaming/entertainment industry economics, end to end P&L knowledge, and strong communication skills in support of critical path business management tools and process initiatives across our Studios.
Lead finance and accounting support for the Minecraft product and franchise development teams. This role will partner with the Minecraft Leadership team, Mojang Finance, Business teams, Marketing leads and others to provide regular reporting, analytics, and business intelligence. More specifically:
- Play a key role in all financial business planning processes for Minecraft including: Monthly close, quarterly forecasts, annual budgeting, and long range planning (LRP)
- Partner with Business Leads on day-to-day details (contracts, payments, etc) and provide ongoing feedback and insight into business strategy, business models and investments/ROI decisions for Minecraft products and experiences.
- Partner and coordinate monthly Financial transmit process between Mojang entity and Microsoft Corp.
- Review and understand assumptions of the current projections for Minecraft products, including all components of the P&L (Revenue, COGS, R&D Spend, Marketing Spend) and non-financial metrics (Headcount, XBL MAU, Consolidated MAU, etc.).
- Create and be the subject matter expert on the studio P&L, including variance analysis to budget, forecast and year over year.
- Conduct ongoing studio opex, headcount and title P&L reviews with the Minecraft Studio Leadership team
- Support additional game studios as needed
- Lead special projects and ad hoc requests as required
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting. An MBA or CPA is highly valued
- 8+ years of demonstrated financial analysis work experience, preferably in the entertainment industry (video games, movies, music, interactive entertainment)
- Strong accounting background required for financial statement consolidation between Mojang and Microsoft
- Detailed oriented & thorough, ability to think “big picture” and understand key trends and levers that drive the business
- Very strong spreadsheet competency with Excel required. Knowledge of MS Finance tools (e.g., MS Sales, Mercury, SAP, etc.) is a significant asset.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail and reporting accuracy
- Very strong interpersonal skills (written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of levels of personnel. Deep commitment to building strong partnerships is required
- Strong project management skills with the ability to identify and implement process improvements. Ability to manage multiple projects and reprioritize as necessary to align with current business objectives
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.