|Job Type:||Full Time|
Industries are digitally transforming and the Industry Advocate (IA) role is at the leading edge of this transformation journey with our customers. The goal of the IA is leading industry digital transformation engagements and opportunities with Microsoft’s customers, with deep industry knowledge and experience.
This is a senior role that is operating at a strategic level with Microsoft’s top customers, having deep engagement and understanding of the Energy industry business issues and strategic challenges, including the Energy Transition and sustainability initiatives. The role is regarded as a deep, subject matter expert in the Energy industry and its digital transformation. The Industry Advocate takes a leadership role as part of a customer centric strategic account team, with the goal of building relationships that position Microsoft as a trusted advisor to key customer business decision-makers, helping them build the program of digital transformation change within their organization. The IA will bring his/her industry expertise and collaborate with the worldwide cross-functional Microsoft team to engage with the customer and enable them to realize business value from digital feedback loops on the Microsoft platforms.
The role of IA is focused on generating and owning industry relevant solution and platform opportunities, working and selling closely with Microsoft and its partners. The role delivers growth of Microsoft cloud services (Azure, Microsoft 365 and Dynamics 365) by building new relationships, opportunities and positioning industry relevant solutions that solve the customers’ business challenges as they digitally transform their businesses.
The role will partner closely with the world-wide sales teams and specialist sellers to share best practices and customer references/case studies to bring Microsoft’s industry digital transformation stories to life.
Overall Objective: Drive Microsoft cloud services growth across Azure, Microsoft 365 and Dynamics 365, through industry focused solutions
Primary responsibilities include:
- Engaging on selected Marquee/Strategic accounts, building deep partnership with the customer and the account teams to drive multi-year strategy
- Building relationships with CxO and business leaders to drive business outcomes with selected Marquee/Strategic accounts, growing revenue to achieve in year budget and rolling 3 yr CAGR
- Nurturing industry partner eco-system in selected strategic accounts
- Landing the WW Industry strategy, solutions and sales plays within the Marquee/Stratetic accounts
Experiences Required - Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 10+ years Industry domain expertise and expertise working in business roles in the Energy industry (required)
- 10+ years Industry solution selling experience (required)
- Business development and sales skills
- Market development skills
- Strong executive presence
- Industry specialized sales or consulting position within an IT Consulting or Services company (preferred)
- Solution sales or consulting position in a competing or partner company (preferred)
- Bachelor's degree (required)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.