|Job Type:||Full Time|
Interested in being on the cutting edge of Cloud Services? Then come join Microsoft as an Escalation Engineer working with Data technologies such as Azure Synapse Analyticsand related technologies.
Customer Experience & Success
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
Escalation Engineers (EE) investigate and solve critical, complex, technical issues that are typically identified by colleague's customer engagements. Although some situations demand code analysis for advanced troubleshooting, much of the work performed by an EE will start as suspected bugs or unexpected behavior or behaviors that cannot be isolated. The EE frequently collaborates with Support and Product Group Engineers and, if a code defect is discovered, is responsible for driving the Product Group bug process. EEs regularly solve issues that are not only technically complex, but politically charged, requiring strong conflict resolution and communication skills to represent Microsoft to all stakeholders. The strengths of an EE are employing problem isolation techniques, product internals, and code knowledge to solve new problems.
In this role you will become world best in your area of expertise. Besides technical talent, we are looking for people who thrive under challenging circumstances and engage in difficult situations while they learn.
As an Embedded Escalation Engineer (EEE), you will be an important member of the Customer Service and Support (CSS) Data and Enterprise Cloud Support Engineering Team and a virtual member of the Azure Data Product Group with the following key responsibilities:
Customer Reported Incident Management (CRI Management)
- Continuous engagement with CSS (Product support engineering team) to triage high severity cases, provide them directions/solutions to meet first day resolution (FDR)
- Where a solution is not available encouraging to escalate to Product group and making sure a solution provided for the end customer is as quick as possible
- Follow up on ageing CRIs to make sure end user CSAT for your respective product is met and is getting higher and higher.
- Keep track of Time to Resolve, Time to Escalate metrics and improve them month over month
- Identifying trends from incoming CRIs and improve internal support tools.
- Documenting Technical Support Guides for the solutions that have been provided in the recent CRIs so CSS engineers can leverage them if the similar cases repeat in future.
- Contributing to Product Public Documentation.
- Provide continuous feedback to product groups on common customer issues to improve product's success.
- Identifying training needs based on CRI analysis and coming up with Training plans.
- Either you be the trainer or in some cases coordinate the training from the PG SME for CSS groups.
- Maintain a log of training documentations and make CSS onboarding plans more and more efficient.
- As an escalation engineer become Product SME and lead and drive aging investigations with global CSS teams and help resolve them. During the process train the CSS engineers using the cases on hand and demonstration of product knowledge.
- At least 3 years of experience in a customer-facing or support role in any of the following: technical escalation support, product support, developer support, IT DevOps, IT Admin/support, Systems Development, Consulting or IT/Network Operations
- Hands on (or supporting) experience on Modern Data Warehouse solutions including following areas:
- Data ingestion
- Data processing
- Data flow orchestration
- Data security
- Reporting and Analytics
- At least 3 years of professional experience in any of the following:
- Microsoft Azure Platform including Cloud Computing, Microsoft Azure architecture and its components (Fabric, Compute, Storage, Network, RDOS, Management Portal)
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse or an equivalent database product
- ETL tools like Azure Data Factory
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Experience using Spark technology.
- Experience in a Tier 2/3 environment is preferred
- Experience in using ticketing/Incident Management tools
- BS in computer science or engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing
- Development/Coding in C#, .NET, PowerShell, CLI, Microsoft Azure, or T-SQL
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems and develop solutions
- Service engineering and/or DevOps experience at internet scale involving user data and/or software development for an enterprise level product
- Strong networking capabilities
- Strong Linux/Unix administration skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.