|Job Type:||Full Time|
The world is undergoing a transformation to cloud computing, and Microsoft is leading the way to extend Azure cloud services to Edge, sovereign, disconnected, enterprise, and hybrid scenarios. Azure Stack Hub is a key intelligent edge solution that enables customers to use Azure services in their on-premises environments. Customers can enable a modern application development environment for their organization across the cloud and on-premises, while taking advantage of Azure native toolsets and APIs. If you are inspired by this cloud innovation, have the skills to build and support production grade services, and are looking for a dynamic and collaborative team environment, come talk to us!
The Azure Stack Hub team builds robust, distributed, scalable, and resilient services using modern technologies such as C#, micro-service architectures, containers and WebApi. Our Fabric team owns the distributed systems platform that makes it easy to manage lifecycle of microservices and containers, including image-based deployments, and patching and updating of container-based microservices that operate at high scale and availability. We are looking for software engineers with a diverse range of backgrounds and experience to design and deliver the next generation of Azure Stack technologies.
- 5+ years of experience developing and owning production quality, scalable software services, and/or infrastructure management
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Excellent technical design, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Solid CS fundamentals, fluent in multi-threaded and asynchronous programming, strong inclination for architecting at scale
- Effective communicator and collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams and being a thought leader within the team
- Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers
- Growth mindset with a desire to experiment, learn and adapt to challenging situations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure or similar cloud computing platforms are preferred
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.