|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Cloud Capacity Supply Chain and Provisioning (CSCP) organization shoulders the critical responsibility of delivering to the cloud customer, across Microsoft, the promise of elasticity and scale at optimal cost and speed. CSCP is at the front of Microsoft’s cloud growth - forecasting, planning and executing the end-end supply chain leading all the way to provisioning capacity to Microsoft’s datacenters as well as managing capacity to provide the best customer experience.
We have built platform (Mantis) to enable system driven planning functionalities, such as Demand Forecasting, Capacity signal generation, and many other business areas. We are looking for an engineering manager to lead our data service team to build big data based, self-service, configurable and scalable data platform that supports fast growing supported applications on top of Mantis.
As a Software Engineering Manager, the candidate will be personally involved and leading the team in designing, configuring, implementing the data requirements for all supported application areas, as well as new data platform features where new applications can self-onboard new datasets, configure and auto generate ETLs, handle data transformation needs through platform UI or through prebuilt logic plug ins, with the capability of self data troubleshooting, data quality checking, metadata creation with auditing, and many more essential data functions.
- 3+ years data engineering experiences: NoSQL, data serialization framework, big data, SQL, data modeling, data pipelines
- 3 plus years of hands-on experience and good knowledge on data warehousing, /OLTP and OLAP systems
- Atleast 2 years Experience leading software engineering projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or related fields
- Strong knowledge with C#, or at least one modern programming language
- Knowledge of Azure stack and surround technologies
- Experience with Cosmos/ADL/Hadoop/Spark/Kusto
- Knowledge of machine learning, time series models and linear programming
- Java/Python/R coding skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills – written, oral as well as presentation skills
- Can-do attitude and ability to go deep in unfamiliar technology areas
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.