|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you someone withpassionfor technology,engineeringexcellence and quality? Are you looking for work on world-class cloud services with a team of highly talentedprogram managers andengineers? If so,theAzureSQL teamis the right place for you.
Come join us asa technical program managerand be part of an elite global team thatfocused onhelping our Federal Customers drivetheirdigital transformation. We workalongside withcustomers,partners and Microsoft’s variousfield, sales and engineering teams to assist with their customer opportunities to white-glove complex and strategic data workload migrations/modernizations. Focus is to drive migrations to SQL andtheAzure Data Platform from homogenous sources like SQL, and Compete sources like Oracle, DB2, Teradata, Netezza, Sybase, etc.
Azure SQL Database is the relational cloud platform of choice for enterprises, ISVs, and application developers. Customers are using Azure SQL Database to disrupt markets and transform their existing business. Azure SQL Database is built on SQL Server, the most widely used relational engine on the planet, and combines intelligent data management, global scale, award-winning performance, and unrivaled total cost of ownership in one easy-to-use database service. Thanks to built-in, industry leading security and data governance capabilities such as advanced threat protection, encryption-while-in-use, data masking, data classification, Azure SQL Database helps customers meet the most stringent security requirements as well as regulatory compliances.
With Azure as the platform of choice for managing the DoD IT infrastructure, we have a unique opportunity to demonstrate to our customers that our cloud services continue to meet the highest bar for data security and privacy.The scale of the challenge is enormous; we have millions of databases serving billions of requests, over exabytes of storage, across most of the world. If you want to be part of one of the biggest data projects in the world, if you enjoy being customer-focused andenjoyproblems of data analysis and thoughtful approaches to problem solving, join us.
Onour team, we strive to build lasting relationships, and we make each other better by supporting, mentoring, laughing, and empathizing. We believe strongly that diversity and empathy are key to building great teams and crafting visionary products with global appeal. We valuevarietyinperspectives and backgrounds and work together to create an inclusive environment that supports this.
We are looking for acandidatewith a passion for technology who will engage with customers, particularly from the government, to support the design and implementation of security configurations for their Azure SQL resources that meet desired risk exposure levels. At the same time,the successful candidatewillhelp our teambuild targeted, differentiated security features that continue to increase customers’ trust in our service. It is expected that the candidate will be able to assess and evaluate emerging cyber security threats, compliance regulations, and privacy laws, and brief senior leaders and engineering teams on new trends.
Weare looking for acandidate who will:
- Own the technical engagement including assessment, workshops, solution architecture, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concept (POCs) and mentoring delivery teams onthe Azure SQL platform.
- Influence and create newfeatures, standards, and methodsto strengthen Azure SQL’s security and compliance portfolioand improve the security of our service.
- Build and drive consensus towards common goals and priorities.
- Successfullymanageproject lifecycle phasesin conformance to project goals, requirements, and schedule.
- Support team efforts in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry.
- Educate teams on existing, emerging technologies and drive POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
- Collaborate with a high performing team reinforcing the values of diversity and inclusion that Microsoft upholds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry engineering experience
- Prior professional experience in information protection and data security.
- 2+ years of Program Management/Project Management experience.
- 2+ years of programming experience in Java OR C++ OR C OR object-oriented programming.
- Experience with relational database management systems, preferably Microsoft SQL Server.
- Curiosity and willingness to question.
- Enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity,results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Desire to work collaboratively.
- Abilityto solve problems by leading with passion and empathy for customers.
- Deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
- Communication skills are a key component of this role with audiences that include customers, peers and at times executive leadership.
Abilityto meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirementsarerequired for this role. These requirements include, but are not limitedtothe following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/ora reasonableaccommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request formor via email email@example.com.
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.