|Job Type:||Full Time|
Love engineering and drawn to the idea of creating the high-scale platform of the future, helping the world bring to bear essentially limitless capabilities to support all applications on the planet? Thrilled to be part of the biggest transformation in computing in our lifetimes? Want to join a highly talented, diverse, collaborative, and ambitious team?
We in Azure Dedicated are collaboratively working to answer this call and bring the next generation of mega workloads to our cloud platform. We work together across Microsoft to enable end to end new scenarios for Azure customers. Our team imagines and builds differentiating customer features and fundamental building blocks at the heart of the Azure platform working collaboratively with many industry partners.
In this role you will break out of the norm by helping Microsoft become a world leader at running and operating VMware platforms for customers’ mission-critical workloads. We’re a small, agile, nimble team in Azure focused on bringing the state of the art of mission-critical software into Microsoft.
- Support VMware environments in collaboration with Microsoft and VMware
- Develop, operate, and scale services to manage the lifecycle of software-defined VMware environments
- Construct monitoring and self-healing actions to maximize platform and service quality
- Build upon the work of others and contribute to the success of others
- Solve hard distributed system problems while making changes to fundamental Azure control and data plane components, networking and operating systems
- Maintain service compliance with Microsoft compliance frameworks to deliver a service customers trust
- Experience with VMWare V-Sphere, NSX, vSAN, ESXi
- Experience with RESTful service development
- Knowledge of 2 or more of the following: Linux, Go, Kubernetes, Python, Ansible, C#, F#
- Creating documentation for engineering use (design, diagnostics, troubleshooting guides)
- Experience with Azure Data Explorer or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering 2+ years’ experience developing software
- At least 1 year of experience in a Software Design, Development, Programming or Engineering role
- At least 1 year of operational experience or customer support experience
- Experience delivering support (incident documentation, root cause)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.