|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, Issaquah, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Customer Experience & Success BI team is chartered with delivering strategic & operational insights to a variety of key business stakeholders, including the CE&S LT, CSS Delivery Managers, and cross-Microsoft stakeholders requiring proactive and reactive customer experience insights. We are chartered with two critical, strategic objectives: simplify the data & insights stream for CE&S leaders and enable business transformation with an intense focus on creating & delivering customer centric insights. Our goal is to foster an insights-driven culture and enable the entire organization to make data-driven decisions. To achieve this, we are transforming our data platform capabilities and creating one logical repository & standard taxonomy for all our CE&S data.
The Data Engineer is a critical role on the CSS BI team. You are an authority on infrastructure & data pipeline design, implementation and data verification. You and your team will carry key responsibilities to ensure the highest standards of data quality, security and compliance. Additionally, you will implement methods to improve data reliability and quality, combine raw information from different sources to create consistent and machine-readable metrics. In this role, you will need to be well versed in DataOps, especially where Agile development, DevOps, and Continuous Improvement intersect.
Since we are in the midst of our own digital transformation, you will also need to be adept at managing constant business change, rapidly evolving requirements, adjustments in strategic direction, and emerging technologies. You will need to be agile and flexible, yet strong and disciplined. This is an amazing opportunity to be at the center of building a showcase worthy data capability to support an organization that interacts with thousands of our customers every day.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Big Data technologies.
- Deliver automation & lean processes to ensure high quality throughput & performance of the entire data & analytics platform.
- Engage with data source platform leads to gain tactical and strategic understanding of data sources required by CE&S.
- Work closely with other CE&S BI PMs, as well as key stakeholders, to facilitate and coordinate the data platform backlog grooming process, triaging new feature requests in preparation for the next sprint.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Ensure data extraction, transformation and loading data meet data security & compliance requirements
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our data product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Ensure data quality assurance and establish SLAs for data publishes.
- 7+ years of experience developing data platform with large and complex datasets
- 4+ years of experience working with SQL, Azure Databricks, Spark and/or other Big Data technologies.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent software/services experience
- Expertise in T-SQL and SQL development using stored procedures & frameworks.
- Experience working with large-scale data processing and storage using Azure Data Lake and Data Services, Databricks, Stream Analytics, SQL, Power BI and Spark as well as coding with Python scripting
- Understanding of Privacy and Compliance aspects of data storage & processing as it relates to GDPR and PII.
- Experience on Dimensional Data Modeling and Taxonomy Classification.
- Experience delivering data solutions via Agile methodologies.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘Big Data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- An attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results.
- A passion for finding solutions to hard problems at scale and operationalizing them.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.