|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Mobility & Networking Research (MNR) group focuses on basic and applied research in all areas related to networked systems, cloud networking, wireless, space, and mobile systems and systems security. We build proof-of-concept systems, collaborate with academia, publish software for the research community, and transfer cutting-edge technologies to Microsoft’s product groups. The MNR group has dominated top academic conferences including ACM SIGCOMM, MobiSys, MobiCom and USENIX NSDI and our research systems has had massive impact on several Microsoft products, including Azure, XBOX and Windows.
The MNR group is seeking candidates with stellar research and system building skills and the desire to do game-changing research that pushes technological boundaries. Candidates with interest and experience in networked systems, wireless networks, systems for ML, 5G wireless systems, space, and mobile and edge computing are encouraged to apply.
- Define and lead an ambitious research agenda.
- Formulate and execute novel research projects, author research papers and advance research in your area by transferring technology to Microsoft engineering groups.
- Communicate efficiently and collaborate to build new ideas with team members and other researchers.
- Develop solutions for real world, large-scale problems.
- Participate in program committees and editorial boards to nurture and advance your research community.
- Currently have or in the process of obtaining a PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related technical field.
- Strong publication record in prestigious peer-reviewed conferences and journals, such as SIGCOMM, NSDI, MobiCom, MobiSys, SOSP, OSDI, and others.
- Ability to design and execute an original research agenda
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.