|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you love a challenge? Are you someone who thrives when creating clarity out of chaos? Are you an expert orchestrator, thriving in ambiguous situations? Can you lead without authority and influence without using your own resources as the only lever?
WWM&O Field Marketing Operations team has an opening for a Senior Business Program Manager role who will be responsible for leading the definition of new approaches to our Commercial Events Marketing strategy. This individual will work across the WW Commercial Business, BG’s and Marketing teams to optimize and modernize the processes and tools supporting Sales and Marketing. Managing a diverse set of stakeholder relationships across Corporate Marketing teams and local marketers in the field, this person will be expected to deeply understand Microsoft’s event marketing processes across Sales, Marketing, and Partner. The role is also responsible for representing field marketing in a number of workstreams aimed at building new connected sales and marketing operating models and to enroll field teams into a new way of thinking and operating, while incorporating the right set of feedback into design decisions. A great candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to build support and alignment across organizations and functions within the company. You should be excellent at using PowerPoint to simplify frameworks and ideas for GM-level audiences.
- Lead cross company event marketing initiatives and define business cases for innovation and improvement
- Work across BG, Commercial & Field marketing teams to evolve our commercial marketing roles and processes, balancing programmatic scale delivered from the core and personalized depth executed in the field.
- Evolve the field marketing organizational blueprint and standardize field marketing execution to align with our commercial events marketing strategy.
- Work with functions in sales, partner, and marketing to define and establish workflows (e.g. event branding, design, and execution, customer and partner follow-up, and clearly defined roles and responsibilities)
- Build and deliver readiness materials for Marketing roles in the field, including Playbooks, execution workflows, role definitions, and virtual and in-person training.
- Evangelize business insights and places where intelligence can be captured and leveraged for increased impact, including budget/spend analysis for events and event-related expenses
- Clearly define roles and responsibilities across multiple teams in a fast-changing landscape
- Influence Marketing planning, goal setting, and execution
Adaptability – Remains resilient and constructive when faced with change. Able to shift approaches when situations change.
Customer focus – Considers customer needs and reactions when evaluating effort and trade-off decisions.
Drive for results – Builds plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate and long-term consequences. Willing to take risks and create short-term wins when perfect solutions are not possible.
Communication – Communicates with individuals from other teams or organizations and listens carefully to how they perceive mutual issues or opportunities. Identifies areas to partner on cross-group initiatives to achieve joint or complimentary goals.
Influence for impact – Demonstrates openness and acceptance to others' ideas. Adapts his or her style to most effectively engage and influence the target audience with clarity and persuasiveness. Understands unstated or less obvious reasons for others' concerns, behavior, and perspectives. Influences senior leaders.
Planning, Organizing, and Executing – Lead complex projects across multiple organizations. Orchestrates plan completion across disciplines and stakeholder groups
- 5+ years of previous marketing experience, ideally in a b2b named or strategic account model
- Demonstrated experience of delivering results through the collaborative work of a cross-functional team
- Experience creating global programs from scratch and delivering results with a global set of stakeholders. Global program experience should include 2-3 fiscal lifecycles of execution and iterative improvement beyond program build and launch.
- Proven experience working successfully with sales teams
- 3+ years experience in seeking sponsorship and delivering performance results to GM-level audience and above
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced and always changing environment
- Ability to handle conflict and make trade-offs without sacrificing the long-term vision
- Strong technical literacy, including Microsoft PowerPoint and Teams.
- Hands-on experience working in Microsoft-specific Marketing systems –Adobe, Certain, Dynamics365, Marketo, On24, etc.
- Location: Any US location wlth strong preference for Pacific Time Zone
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.