|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global Financial Services (GFS) supports the digital transformation journey of Microsoft’s customers, partners & vendors by providing competitive credit and payment solutions to support revenue growth while managing credit risk. We are a compliance first organization with customer obsession and deal economics focus. We support $120B in trade receivables and $11B in payment solutions per year in global markets.
The GFS – Credit Risk Management team is looking for a Finance Manager to build, analyze and execute credit risk models and new innovative approach to evaluating risk. If you have a passion for credit risk, financial and business risk analysis, cross-group collaboration, and a focus on risk management this is a role for you.
The overall objective of the Credit Risk Management team is to provide strategy, planning, oversight, and measurement of our accounts receivable risk and payment performance.
Credit Risk Management – strong financial modelling skills and capability to leverage technology in assessing credit risk of customers and partners globally. Recommend risk mitigation strategies to manage credit risk of our trade receivables portfolio and our customer financing portfolio. Identify and build solutions to support revenue opportunities with customers and partners and review credit capacity allocation.
Portfolio Ownership – Overall credit risk accountability of providing support, direction, and leadership for portfolio of trade AR and financing receivables.
Business Process Excellence – Drive continuous process efficiency, reduce cycle time, and ensure 100% compliance. Proactively seek to leverage technology to automate and build in compliant process.
Customer Relationship Management – within the designated portfolio, understand customer credit capacity needs, drive and support customer satisfaction initiatives, address customer and stakeholder queries, and represent Microsoft positively.
Partnership – This role has a significant partnership component. The role will partner with the internal GFS teams like Deals, Execution and Field Support, Customer Advocacy, Readiness, Infrastructure and if required engage with Sales Team, Finance, Sales Excellence, Operations, Tax, Legal, and Treasury.
Cross-Boundary Collaboration – Participate in projects and drive engagement with peers in Global Financial Services org.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience in credit, treasury, capital markets, financial analysis or similar
- Quantitative mindset with strong financial risk modeling skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, or related field is desirable. Master’s degree is a plus
- CFA certification or work towards a CFA certification is a plus
- High-level of integrity, self-confidence, demonstrated change management and support for a diverse and inclusive culture
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, including the ability to comfortably communicate with senior management at Microsoft
- Motivated self-starter who can clearly identify and articulate customer value
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate ability to influence others with empathy while under pressure to deliver compliant outcomes to key stakeholders and customers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.