|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
We are looking for an exceptional Program Manager to help Microsoft create the campus of the future, by building the most connected, accessible, sustainable and secure workspace that creates the best employee experience.
This role will specialize on creating intuitive and intelligent employee experiences in which employee are empowered to achieve their aspirations through better dining experiences and a healthy balance of work and life. Some samples of scenarios in scope include:
- allow employees to order and pay for meals ahead of time across any canvas (mobile, desktop, universal displays)
- display real-time cafeteria queue and density information.
- environmental building monitoring
- Sport & fitness booking reservations
Our ideal candidate is a strong program manager with previous industry experience in managing digital transformation, stakeholder and issue management, and good track record of partnering with engineering teams
- Partner with the Microsoft Real Estate & Security team to build a digitally transformed workspace for Microsoft employees.
- Create and define the Digital Transformation Wellness program as well as prioritized experiences for Dining, health and sport & fitness.
- Determine buy vs build solutions for Dining, health and sport & fitness that will create the wellness employee experiences of the future.
- Agile Product Owner: Plan and deliver each release, write user stories, groom the backlog, and partner with our Software Engineering team as they build solutions
- 8 years of experience in an engineering role such as program/product/solution manager.
- Experience working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, developing project plans, and managing releases on short cycles (e.g. Agile, Scrum).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or an IT-related technical discipline OR 3+ years of industry software engineering experience.
- Experience with Dining or Health & Rejuvenation or Sport and Fitness solutions used at the corporate level.
- Proven ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations, reaching agreements while preserving/building relationships
- Proven analytical skills and ability to execute and refine methodologies
- Proven ability to influence others across groups and be held accountable for delivery without implicit authority
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and a passion to solve hard problems.
- Demonstrated experience delivering results in an ambiguous and changing environment.
- Demonstrated engineering PM skills and a track record of project execution.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.