|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Operations and Infrastructure is the team behind the cloud. Microsoft CO+I is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
Within CO+I, the Datacenter Engineering (DCE) team is responsible for delivering core datacenter infrastructure for Microsoft’s cloud business. The MS portfolio consists of complex, multi-disciplinary, large scale, multi-year datacenter projects. DCE is in charge of engineering and design for all new datacenter builds and the technical compliance of leased capacity. This team delivers the engineered solutions that align CO+I service level agreements (SLAs).
The DCE Principal Electrical Engineer serves as the Subject Matter Expert dedicated to providing key input to the ongoing support of operational datacenters. Preferred candidate will be a Professional Electrical Engineer with extensive experience in datacenter electrical engineering, design, construction, and operations. This position will be located at either Microsoft’s Redmond campus or remote opportunities exist on a per case basis.
- Providing engineering expertise on support to site operations
- Working with site operations to develop mitigation plans to system level issues
- Training of site operations on new facility designs and sequence of operations
- Electrical system EOP development and governance
- Providing technical guidance for facility operations and support in best practices analysis and recommendations
- This role requires some travel to various datacenter sites and equipment manufacturer factories and facilities.
- 10+ years’ experience in design and/or field engineering of mission critical facilities and electrical infrastructure
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- College/university/professional degree in Electrical Engineering or related work experience
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of building electrical systems (power distribution, lighting, grounding, fire alarm, security, life safety, and controls systems)
- Solid understanding of critical datacenter CE equipment
- Knowledge of construction techniques, terminology, and documentation (ability to interpret blueprints, electrical one-lines, construction drawings etc.)
- Practical experience with automation and control systems
- The DCE Principal Electrical Engineer is a key subject matter expert responsible to provide technical direction, governance, and education pertaining to Microsoft’s operational datacenter fleet. Although this role is U.S. based, the successful candidate will be a crucial part of a global team supporting datacenters worldwide.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.