|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Customer Security & Trust (CST) team is looking for a cybersecurity intelligence analyst, with fluency in the Korean language and extensive knowledge of North Korean politics, policy and culture. CST is a part of Microsoft’s Corporate, External, and Legal Affairs (CELA) and leads much of Microsoft’s work to ensure that our customers are protected from the actions of advanced and persistent adversaries. Nation state and advanced cybersecurity threats are occurring with greater frequency, and at times, greater complexity. Understanding the threats, motivations and the geopolitical consequences of these threats is an essential part of our approach to protecting our customers, the computing ecosystem, and Microsoft itself.
In this role, the analyst will join analysts covering Russia, China, and Iran in our Threat Context & Analysis team and work closely with the Microsoft Threat Intelligence Center (MSTIC) and other cybersecurity organizations at Microsoft activities related to threat actors in the North Korean-language sphere. This analyst will bring significant understanding of the geopolitical issues, motivations, and strategies of North Korean actors to produce reports and analysis for use internally and externally. This analyst will partner closely with MSTIC experts on cyber threats in the North Korean area of influence, and create world-class analysis that helps shape our response, protections, and understanding of threats and risks to our customers, and to Microsoft. The analyst will also work closely with communications and government affairs leads to help grow understanding of nation state actors and the threats they pose. The reports and information created by this role will be used and shared internally and externally with executives, customers, and others in the security community.
- Identify current and emerging cyber threats and trends on a variety of cyber security topics by researching and analyzing data/intelligence from cross company sources.
- Research, assess, and report on North Korean geopolitical priorities and perspectives, threat actors, capabilities, motivations and targeting.
- Research, analyze, and compose reports, including threat estimates, related to North Korean geopolitical, cyber security, and transnational events and threats and their corresponding impacts.
- Conduct and report analysis and scenario forecasting at both the tactical and strategic level.
- Collaborate with all security teams cross company providing regional expertise and analysis on projects and reports related to cybersecurity.
- Demonstrated fluency in the Korean language.
- 5 years of experience in working in threat analysis or intelligence.
- Deep collaboration experience with front-line actor analysts.
In-depth technical knowledge of North Korean adversary capabilities, infrastructure, and
- techniques and political / geopolitical issues in the North Korean sphere of influence.
- Strong writing skills, including experience in taking complex technical concepts and making them consumable and relatable to broader groups of readers.
- Current or ability to receive / maintain a US security clearance.
- 3-5 years producing actionable threat intelligence and written analysis, reports, and products.
- Proven ability to build strategic relationships with key threat intelligence partners in government and industry.
- Ability to transform diverse data, context and information into intelligence products, reports, and analysis that can be consumed by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Delivers written material and presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently sort through data to identify key issues or variables to consider in making important strategic decisions.
- Excellent cross-group collaborator with strong organizational skills, quickly understanding and meeting needs of customer and peer teams.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Exposure to other actor sets and languages also of interest.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.