|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Irving, Texas, Issaquah, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Experience & Success
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We are looking for a Senior Business Analytics Specialist to joing our team. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
- Exhibit strong technical leadership and business leadership
- Inspire a culture of stakeholder-centric focus and use of the data solutions.
- Business engagement: Engage LOB stakeholders to obtain requirements for LOB level reporting and data insights; Communicate findings with actionable insights to stakeholders.
- Technical Engagement: collaborate with development team(s) to prioritize the requirements and verify acceptance criteria has been met before deployment; oversee development, and evaluate and communicate progress
- Create reporting and tools for analysis. Monitor LOB level metrics and data for progress toward goals. Conduct analysis for insights. Mine UDP data as needed. Inform finding by assessing related stakeholder process
- Advocate for new BI technology and tools that advance BI capability maturity, participate in implementation of new BI capabilities, leverage automation and new technology for insight finding
- Develop and Automate insights; Innovate on reporting, insights, data to enable stakeholders
- Recommend LOB level new data sources, data collection strategies and program. Enable integrity of data collection and utilization by monitoring viability and creating new best practices and processes
- Advocate for CES BI technologies and solutions across LOBs. Lead stakeholder adoption. Demonstrate effective use of data. Develop new analysis methodologies and standardize data usage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or scientific field OR equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years experience in leading insights & analytics related engagements and partnering with teams that build complex analytical models.
- 5-7 years of industry experience with at least 5+ years of demonstrated project management experience focused on BI/Analytics
- Familiarity in technologies such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Bricks, Power BI, SQL, Python, R
- Strong experience in managing relationships with business stakeholders, enabling stakeholders to make data-driven decisions
- Strong influence without authority and excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to act as a liaison between business stakeholders and BI engineering team
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage, collaborate, and consult with stakeholders, including effective prioritization, clear communication, and delivery of actionable data-derived insights
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.