|Location:||New York, New York|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Full Stack Engineer II, PromoteIQ
Microsoft’s PromoteIQ provides intelligent vendor marketing solutions for the next generation of e-commerce. Our platform helps retailers implement, automate, and scale their brand-funded digital vendor marketing programs. We sit at the intersection of marketing and e-commerce and have a singular mission of empowering retailers and brands to maximize their e-commerce performance.
PromoteIQ embodies a strong startup culture that values diversity, collaboration and craftsmanship - and above all else, results. Our bias towards execution balances critical thinking, root analysis and pragmatic problem solving. We expect a lot from one another and value our thoughtful and intellectually curious company culture.
PromoteIQ is headquartered in New York City and supports a global footprint of e-commerce retailers and brands. The company was acquired by Microsoft in Aug, 2019 and continues to operate as an independent division within Microsoft Advertising. Learn more at https://www.promoteiq.com. We are open to remote candidates for this role.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. Microsoft Advertising offers a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry. Microsoft Advertising is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle.
Who We’re Looking For
At PromoteIQ, engineers on our full stack team build the web applications that provide full self-service access for our customers to our e-commerce promotions platform. We are looking for a full stack engineer with a demonstrated track record of developing and maintaining production services, innovative thinking, and technical excellence. This role will be a mixture of technical design, individual contribution, and thorough testing.
- Ship high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable code
- Participate in discussions about project architecture and technical feasibility, make decisions and justify your development approach
- Work closely with the scrum master and product owner to help address business needs while maintaining engineering standards and paying down technical debt
- Experiment with and recommend new technologies that simplify or improve PromoteIQ's stack
- Participate in an on-call rotation and work occasional off-hours
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field or relevant equivalent work experience
- Seeking candidates with 4+ years of experience in:
- Designing, building, and maintaining complex web applications with a particular emphasis on the UI (interactions, styling, etc.)
- Working with single-page architecture, front-end application frameworks (ideally React)
- Interpreting mockups and translating them into polished and resolved UIs
- Optimizing client performance through efficient dependency management and data access patterns
- Modifying and extending REST API endpoints for data retrieval and persistence
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.