|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure virtualization team builds Microsoft's versatile, performance critical, and secure virtualization platform. Our software is at the foundation of Azure, powering millions of virtual machines across the Microsoft cloud. But, our technology enables more than traditional virtual machines; it also powers Microsoft’s virtualization-isolated containers and provides core security capabilities for Windows devices.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead a team building innovative container technology for Azure. In this role, you will lead your team to collaborate with developers across Microsoft and the open source community to deliver the most secure and efficient platform for running container workloads, both for Linux and Windows.
Join the Azure virtualization team and help build Microsoft’s intelligent cloud. We ship an extremely high quality platform that delights our customers. But more importantly, we've created a collaborative culture where new ideas are embraced and encouraged. Our goal is to create an engaging environment where you can do your best work.
- Lead and manage a dynamic team of 5+ software engineers
- Learn and share ideas continuously
- Drive for quality in everything you do
- Collaborate across team boundaries to define and drive team charter and vision.
- Provide technical direction for container virtualization in Azure
- 7+ years of development experience
- 4+ years of development experience in C, C++, Go or Rust
- BS in Computer Science or 4+ years of experience in systems programming
- Experience managing a team of 5+ software engineers
- Solid architectural skills backed up by implementation experience
- Strong coding, debugging, testing, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work on a large codebase and willing to take on a wide variety of challenges
- Strong understanding of systems software and low-level hardware/software interaction
- A track record of solid results across multiple ship cycles
- Experience with hypervisors, kernel mode programming, containers, and/or security
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.