|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in helping deliver a product & services that target at a multi-billion unit market? Thousands of businesses are undergoing a digital transformation to connect MCU based devices to the internet. 9 billion MCU based devices are shipped every year, and our team is building a turn-key, end-to-end secure platform for the internet of things.
Our team develops Azure Sphere, the newly announced Microsoft solution for highly-secured, Internet-connected microcontroller (MCU) devices. www.microsoft.com/en-us/azure-sphere.
We work in small, collaborative groups in Microsoft's Azure Division to build the Azure Sphere Security Services, operating system, developer experience, and tools. The Azure Sphere Security Services guard every Azure Sphere device; brokering trust for device-to-device and device-to-cloud communication through certificate-based authentication, detecting emerging security threats across the entire Azure Sphere ecosystem through online failure reporting, and renewing security through software updates.
This is a unique position to help us define, design and deliver the Error Reporting Feature, one of the 7 properties of highly secure devices, for the Azure Sphere Security Services.
These services must efficiently process 100s of millions to billions of device reported metrics daily. In the best case, a device failure is triggered by imperfect software hitting a rare sequence of events. In the worst case a failure is triggered by attackers probing for new attack vectors. The goal of the Error Reporting Services is to help device manufacturers and device software developers discover and respond to software defects, and emerging attacks.
- Design and implement features in V1 projects in collaboration with teammates that must scale to support 100s of millions to billions of devices.
- Build software prototypes and conduct experiments to evaluate alternative architectures.
- Design and build highly available robust and reliable services.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the development, quality, testing, and production readiness of the services you build.
- Collaborating with dev teams across the Azure Sphere product, hardware, OS, and tooling, and inside Microsoft to deliver the best solution for our customers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher preferably with a concentration in Computer Science, Science, or Math (or equivalent work experience)
- 4+ years of relevant software design and development in C#, Java, C++, or equivalent languages.
- 2+ years experience designing, developing, and shipping large scale services.
- 2+ years of experience shipping services in Windows Azure or AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience working with big data, batch and stream processing.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Proven experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to the final product.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.