|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Even when you have the world’s best products and services, you still can’t make money if you can’t sell them effectively. Today’s Sales and Marketing professionals are still working with tools that have not kept up with more recent technological trends. The Commercial Sales & Marketing Engineering team is modernizing Sales and Marketing tools and processes by building world-class experiences. The team is creating connected enterprise-scale distributed systems infused with smart recommendations based on machine learning capabilities. We are building role-tailored user interfaces utilizing web, mobile, and bot technologies considering differences in language, culture, and other demographics. Our mission is to improve Seller productivity, Marketing automation, and ultimately to get products and services to the customers who want them.
We are looking for a self-driven Senior Software Engineering Manager who has a passion for leading a healthy and effective team through mentorship and organization. You will need to enjoy the challenge of embracing new technologies and listening & learning how to delight our demanding users.
This position will provide an excellent opportunity to make an impact on multiple service lines across many business areas. You must be comfortable with ramping up and moving quickly, dealing with ambiguity, and understanding that you must wear many hats to deliver in agile fashion. Now is your chance to be a leader on this technically strong team that is on the forefront of these cutting-edge efforts that will change how we do business.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to do the following:
- Lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry.
- Support and influence the team culture of being customer centric and continuously improving.
- Manage and grow a team of highly capable engineers, helping them to become the best they can be.
- Role-model engineering practices that ensure safe and efficient releases of our services.
- Implement and maintain excellent design and development processes.
- Collaborate with others to solve complex problems.
- Leverage sound engineering practices and principles.
- Flight code changes and drive telemetry and analytics to take a data-driven approach to understanding customer impact.
- Work with multiple client partner teams to implement cohesive end-to-end experiences.
- 10 years software engineering experience building and shipping high performance and scalable systems and services.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of testing practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work through ambiguous situations.
- Excellent mentoring skills both with people on your team and partners in other teams and job functions.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Development, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
- Experience leading, mentoring, and managing a team of software engineers.
- Experience with agile development practices.
- Experience building and hosting WebSites for Enterprise scale.
- Experience building and/or integrating business applications.
- Experience building on Azure or other cloud providers.
- Experience with machine learning development and operationalization.
- Experience with DevOps practices and techniques such as Continuous Delivery, TDD, and Testing in Production.
- Experience with any of the following engineering areas: performance, security, privacy, accessibility, and localization/globalization.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.