|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
In this role, you will:
- Program Design & Implementation - You iterate, guide, and manage the implementation of talent management programs and initiatives by identifying organizational talent needs, securing resources, communicating with stakeholders, and prioritizing work. Collaborate across the full cycle of HR (cyclical programs, organizational change, learning & development, employee relations, diversity & belonging, etc.) to deliver talent solutions for every stage of the employee lifecycle.
- Talent advocate/Workforce planning: You understand business priorities, articulate how our talent solutions can help drive business outcomes; collaborate with leaders so our workforce is high performing and highly engaged
- Talent Management Consulting - You are a subject matter expert, consulting with internal clients on talent management solutions to apply best practices to Samsara’s culture. You help develop tools and/or assessments that guide managers to make effective talent-related decisions, and you communicate talent management approaches to senior leaders and stakeholders to educate on and influence buy-in and implementation of solutions.
- Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis and Application - You design talent management tools, methodologies, and principles (e.g., performance management, employee experience/engagement programs, career development, manager excellence, organizational diagnostics, remote work) to improve benchmarking, evaluation, forecasting, decision-making, and management of talent.
- Change Management - You champion change management, evaluating business drivers to make a case for change adoption. You assess the risks and benefits of changes, develop effective change management strategies, and ensure communications and readiness materials are in place to facilitate the transition of talent management programs/processes.
- People Management - Lead by example as a people manager, hiring great talent, inspiring your teams, developing potential, and creating opportunities for your team members to shine
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in human resources, business administration or a similarly relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Talent Management or other related strategic business function
- 3+ years of experience as a people manager
- Experience in a growth organization where ambiguity, quick decision-making and change agility skills are an everyday occurrence
- Experience partnering with and influencing senior leaders to help drive their people strategies and increase business outcomes
- Strong analytical skills and systems thinking required
- Strong program management capabilities, user and solutions focused
- Experience with designing and implementing end-to-end change management plans inclusive of communications, training, sponsorship, and metrics.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Advanced degree, particularly a Ph.D in organizational development, organizational psychology or similar field
- Tech industry experience
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.