|Location:||Winston-Salem, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. TE Connectivity is looking for a Sustaining Electrical Engineer. In this exciting role you will support all sustaining activities for the HEMS, Lighting, and Communication Products. This will include End of Life Components, VAVE Activities, Reliability Testing, Failure Root Cause Analysis, and Quality Corrective Actions. To be successful in this role you must have a broad working knowledge of Circuits, PCB design, layout and manufacturing processes as well as understand PCB assembly line operation, optimization and troubleshooting. You will collaborate with Cross-Functional Teams for exceptional quality, low cost, and efficient production.
- Provide technical assistance on a variety of electrical engineering topics to Cross-Functional Teams such as Product Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Sourcing/Procurement, Quality, Reliability, Manufacturing, External Component Suppliers, and External Contract Manufacturers.
- Hands-On analyze and determine root cause of any failures of complex electrical systems by troubleshooting to the component level.
- Specify, design, verify and validate new electrical designs, in accordance with applicable TE Connectivity, and Customer Standards.
- As needed, modify schematics, Gerber Files, assemblies, and release into document control system.
- Work directly with CMs and their suppliers to resolve issues.
- Develop Reliability Test Requests, and Coordinate Testing with Internal / External Reliability Test Laboratories. Evaluate Test Reports and make go / no go recommendations.
- Effectively communicate (oral and written) with department managers, engineering, production, customers, vendors, and other departments.
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects that run simultaneously. Must be capable of working independently and in a team environment and effectively communicate.
- Periodic travel is required depending on project needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 1-5 years professional working experience in the Electronics Industry.
- Familiar with test equipment (Oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters), programming fundamentals (C or LabVIEW preferred), circuit simulation software (PSpice), and component management systems.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize issues and make intelligent, timely decisions independently or in coordination with other cross-functional teams.
- Good communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Office, PowerPoint).
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.