|Location:||Winston-Salem, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp.
- Work with customers (internal / external) to determine requirements of new products, develop and analyze concepts, run PSPICE Simulations, produce prototypes, and conduct testing.
- Develop new design solutions with analog and digital circuits. Design solutions are to meet strict reliability requirements for automotive industry. Route and layout circuit boards to IPC standards. Validate and release design through document control process.
- Electrical Designs also will include Embedded Firmware (C, Assembly) and Automotive Based Communications Protocols (Ethernet, I2C, CAN, LIN, USB, …).
- Effectively communicate (oral and written) with department managers, engineering, production, customers, vendors, and other departments. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Office, PowerPoint).
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects that run simultaneously. Must be capable of working independently and in a team environment and effectively communicate with Department Mangers, Engineering, Production and other departments.
- Hands-On analyze and characterize new circuits using electronic laboratory equipment. Determine root cause of any failures of complex electrical systems by troubleshooting to the component level.
- Work closely with the new product launch teams and the final manufacturing location to ensure smooth launch, design for manufacturing, and transition of products into the production facility.
- Interface with suppliers on electrical components and subassemblies to meet price, performance and time constraints.
- Periodic travel is required depending on project needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 1-3 years professional working experience in the Automotive Industry.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize issues and make intelligent, timely decisions independently or in coordination with other cross-functional teams.
- Good communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Experience with MS Office software suite.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.