Abcam is looking for a New Product Development Manager to join our team in Branford. This role is responsible for ensuring we make the highest quality antibodies that meet the needs of our customers. This role will lead the scientists working on project management of individual antibody generation projects in Branford. These technical project managers are responsible for controlling the entire product development process; ensuring our project planning, technical scoping, product generation, screening and validation are robustly designed and carried out. This requires communication and collaboration between multiple teams globally and involves development and management of external partnerships to contribute to successful product development. The Senior New Product Development Manager reports to the Director of New Product Development in Branford.
- Work cross-functionally to plan the product development pipeline, ensuring that all New Product Development and Commercial Portfolio teams are aligned.
- Organize, monitor and control the product development pipeline according to the planned schedule and cost. Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and manage their successful delivery, working closely with Directors of Product Development, Finance, New Product development leadership teams and stakeholders in our Commercial, Marketing and Business Development teams.
- Ensure the quality of the products developed meets our high standards and commercial needs.
- Identify risks to product development success and mitigate against them. Resolve issues when they occur. Support effective troubleshooting of technical and non-technical processes.
- Continuously advance the product development approach. Identify ways to improve our technologies, our efficiency and the quality of our products and processes. Implement approved ideas.
- Identify, establish and develop external collaborations to support product development. Work closely with collaboration managers globally to ensure these relationships are visible, well-managed and delivering the intended benefit.
- Lead, develop and manage the scientific project management team.
- Partner with the Director of New Product Development (Branford), working closely to ensure success of the Branford product development teams. Work closely with Technology Development and New Product Development team leads.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of strong business impact, with practical experience in relevant areas such as Reagent development, Strategy and Marketing and Commercialization in the life sciences industry.
You will be self-motivated and detail-orientated team player with the ability to multi-task which was gained from extensive experience in project and program management. You will have distinctive analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative) and excellent communication skills.
You will have a PHD/MSc in Immunology, Neurobiology, Oncology, or a closely related field. You will have worked in industry for 10 or more years, building product development strategies and leading teams in the development of life science reagents. You will have excellent knowledge of antibody generation, and experience in using antibodies in a research or clinical setting.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.