About the role
Abcam is looking for a Senior New Product Development Manager to join our team in Branford. This role is responsible for ensuring we make the highest quality antibodies that meet the needs of our customers. This role will lead the scientists working on project management of individual antibody generation projects in Branford. These technical project managers are responsible for controlling the entire product development process; ensuring our project planning, technical scoping, product generation, screening and validation are robustly designed and carried out. This requires communication and collaboration between multiple teams globally and involves development and management of external partnerships to contribute to successful product development. The Senior New Product Development Manager reports to the Director of New Product Development in Branford.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally to plan the product development pipeline, ensuring that all New Product Development and Commercial Portfolio teams are aligned.
- Organize, monitor and control the product development pipeline according to the planned schedule and cost. Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and manage their successful delivery, working closely with Directors of Product Development, Finance, New Product development leadership teams and stakeholders in our Commercial, Marketing and Business Development teams.
- Ensure the quality of the products developed meets our high standards and commercial needs.
- Identify risks to product development success and mitigate against them. Resolve issues when they occur. Support effective troubleshooting of technical and non-technical processes.
- Continuously advance the product development approach. Identify ways to improve our technologies, our efficiency and the quality of our products and processes. Implement approved ideas.
- Identify, establish and develop external collaborations to support product development. Work closely with collaboration managers globally to ensure these relationships are visible, well-managed and delivering the intended benefit.
- Lead, develop and manage the scientific project management team.
- Partner with the Director of New Product Development (Branford), working closely to ensure success of the Branford product development teams. Work closely with Technology Development and New Product Development team leads.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of strong business impact, with practical experience in relevant areas such as Reagent development, Strategy and Marketing and Commercialization in the life sciences industry.
You will be self-motivated and detail-orientated team player with the ability to multi-task which was gained from extensive experience in project and program management. You will have distinctive analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative) and excellent communication skills.
You will have a PHD/MSc in Immunology, Neurobiology, Oncology, or a closely related field. You will have worked in industry for 10 or more years, building product development strategies and leading teams in the development of life science reagents. You will have excellent knowledge of antibody generation, and experience in using antibodies in a research or clinical setting.
Ever since 1998, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam when our founder has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
You will be joining Abcam at an exciting time of growth and innovation!