Last updated 12 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian University is seeking an Instructional Designer who will create amazing and impactful content that teaches customers across the globe how to use Atlassian products. This role requires a unique blend of curriculum design expertise, elearning skills, visual design skills, project management experience, and analytical abilities to build innovative learning solutions in a variety of formats for our rapidly growing customer base. Learning solutions can include elearning (video, infographics, games, interactives), simulations, hands-on case study activities, virtual instructor-led-training, webinars, a blended approach, or a new creative solution brainstormed by you.
More about you
This position is ideal for a person that has a passion for converting learning objectives into training materials that engage, excite, and motivate the learner. You are skilled at producing leading learning experiences using innovative technology and sound instructional design principles. You have a keen understanding of effective and agile design methods. You bring experience creating training that speeds user adoption of products, from novice to pro, and helps new users experience early success. You are comfortable managing multiple projects in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- enthusiasm and excitement for joining this awesome company
- an open mind to listen and understand how our team works, our processes, priorities.
- curiosity and eagerness to share your best practices with us, while being mindful of the history and decisions behind how we run our business.
- You will hit the ground running with a 90-day plan, but we understand there is a lot to learn and absorb as a new hire.
- To help keep you afloat, you will also have room to ease into your role and find your bearings so can understand the big picture and be successful.
- Seek to understand the motivations, expectations, and mindsets of the learner
- Understand customer learning needs and gaps to recommend, design, and develop novice- to pro-level product training
- Use agile methodology to define, create, develop, and manage content projects through a prioritized backlog
- Establish strong working relationships with stakeholders/SME to collaborate on content and ensure content and learning experience are designed to improve customer outcomes with our Atlassian products
- Create learning experience in different formats, including self-paced training, digital training, ILT, workshops, or webinars
- Design meaningful course interactions to increase learning and retention or provide opportunities to apply new skills (including but not limited to knowledge checks, exercises, scripts, storyboards, simulations, or games)
- Define and write engaging and effective assessments to ensure learners have been adequately prepared to use Atlassian tools in their day-to-day roles
- Review and design content to support credentialing initiatives
- Collect and analyze course evaluation data to improve training content and effectiveness
- Update and maintain content at frequent intervals
- 8+ years' experience successfully designing and developing customer training curriculum
- Experience working in high-tech, SaaS preferred. Knowledge of Atlassian products a plus
- Experience creating engaging, effective modern learning content that improves customer adoption of products and reduces churn
- Strong knowledge of adult learning principles and instructional design models
- Ability to communicate abstract or technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to identify the best learning delivery formats for a specific set of learning goals
- Ability to work within pre-defined templates and style guidelines
- Attention to design aesthetics and visual detail. Graphic or visual design experience a plus
- Familiarity with UX Design
- Understand the needs of different teams and be able to navigate those needs to produce courses
- Demonstrated proficiency in using project plans and storyboards
- Ability to scope and manage the day-to-day work of projects independently
- Excellent writing/communication skills and interpersonal skills to thrive in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Experience with Instructional Design tools for eLearning, including Camtasia, Articulate Rise 360, Adobe Captivate, Vyond, and Adobe Premier Pro
- Experience with content and presentation software (i.e. Google docs, Keynote)
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, computer science, information science, Business management, or equivalent work experience in a related field required
More about our team
Atlassian University is a small, but mighty, team of seasoned professionals with diverse skills and work backgrounds. You will have an opportunity to collaborate with everyone on the team and learn from their experiences on things like, what has been working, what have we tried in the past, what our opportunities are, and how we work with other internal teams. Some of the people you will work with include our learning experience team, certification team, operations team, marketing and partner managers, and other content developers. We are poised for an extraordinary growth trajectory and look forward to adding talent like yours to help us achieve our goals!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.