|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global initiatives in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, recognizes, and rewards great work. We make doing business with Microsoft easy. Come and help us to enable the Worldwide Operations team to leverage the power of data, to deliver amazing business experiences, as part of Microsoft transformation to Mobile and Cloud First.
The Safety, Risk Intelligence and Shared Services engineering team is a high performing group within the Protective Services organization. We drive and own key services that bolster Microsoft’s Digital Safety, Case and Evidence Management, Data & Risk functions. This technical program manager role will be integral in our work; helping to define and document future service capabilities that will make Microsoft the industry leader in this space.
We are growing a strong, diverse team of Program Managers who share a zeal to deliver quality solutions that empower are stakeholders to achieve more. We’re always learning and willing to contribute to each other’s success. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and encourage you to apply to learn more.
- Engage with customers to clarify requirements; translating them into functional & technical specifications that enable engineers to deliver solutions rapidly with high quality
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and supporting teams
- Build and leverage telemetry data to help drive prioritization decisions to deliver the best possible solution quickly
- Drive creation and validation criteria for Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- Manage the traceability of specifications to business requirements
- Generate, when needed, key process diagrams and other illustrations to reflect “To Be” experiences
- Plan and lead requirements, project, and relevant competitive reviews with team and executive leadership
- Drive execution and demonstrate end-to-end ownership of requirements to complex, cross-group and cross-discipline projects
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- 5+ years of Technical program management experience working with business stakeholders and engineers, preferably in an Enterprise environment
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams
- Thrive in cross group settings, bringing alignment and prioritization in complex projects
- The ability to wear many hats, learn quickly and change direction when needed
- Demonstrated focus on quality with ability to balance need for details with speed to delivery
- The ability to think creatively and critically about product features in the enterprise space
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
- Understanding of core SAFe principles (or other methodologies)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong cross group working relationships across at all levels
- Track record of building stakeholder trust with solid communication and on-time delivery
- Strong ability to influence without authority
- Understand the end to end delivery solution delivery process, with a strong record of timely delivery of requirements, functional specifications to engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience of successfully navigating and engagement with both business and engineering teams
Other helpful skills for this position include:
- Programming experience in Microsoft technologies is a plus
- Experience or familiarity with Microsoft Technologies
- Experience with direct, remote and virtual teams
- High degree of professionalism, especially when faced with critical and intense situations
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, engineering or a related field; MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.