|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Modern Life, Search & Devices team is seeking a Director of Integrated Marketing to be the Activation Lead on the Surface IMC & Partnerships team, focused on bringing to life creative evergreen executions, partnership programs, and full-funnel marketing intiaitives across the entire Surface portolio. Must have marketing expertise and a passion across a wide range of integrated marketing, brand, experiential, and creative production disciplines, and experience working with Fortune 500 companies on a wide range of campaign and partnership activations (preferably working for or with technology brands).
This role would work closely with product marketing, our channel leads, partner companies, brand and PR teams, retail teams, multiple markets, and external creative agencies to help develop and produce integrated marketing activations, campaigns, and opportunistic programs across Surface product family. The role requires strong collaboration, creative, project management and communication skills, as well as experience leading creative development and production (video/digital/etc.) on consumer products. Must have experience understanding business needs and gleaning information from product and consumer insights, building relationships with strategic partners, launching in new channels and categories, and developing assets and plans that fulfill the needs of the business both strategically and creatively.
This will be an entrepreneurial role with a need for both strategic and creative expertise. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can get things done in ambiguous environments, detail-oriented and able to successfully navigate matrixed organizations (both internally and externally), and have both creative and business acumen to interface with a range of stakeholders. Must work equally well at the strategic and tactical levels, and be a collaborative team-player looking to take the ball and run with it. We are looking for a "doer" who can thrive and grow the role and team. The successful candidate also must demonstrate the ability to work under tight deadlines, show thoughtfulness in campaign development, and resourcefulness in gathering requirements, input, and feedback.
- Develop integrated marketing programs and activations (from ideation to content creation to execution) for the Surface portfolio, with a focus on new channels/partners, new evergreen motions, and digital-forward strategies and tactics.
- Oversee marketing content and asset development and production/execution of activation components – in collaboration with numerous internal and external partners (agencies, brand teams, 3rd parties, etc.).
- Drive key partnership alignment internally that can be leveraged consistently across all integrated marketing channels (from retail to digital to social etc.).
- General project and program management, including the management of vendor relationships, budgets, forecasting, calendars and schedules, asset creation and distribution, retail and print timelines, and more.
- Build and grow new partner marketing relationships, while nurturing existing relationships to generate new opportunities and new business.
- Evangelize activation programs internally to all key stakeholders within Microsoft. This includes executives, field/regional partners, engineering teams, product marketing, etc.
- Partnership with Global Product Marketing and other Surface / MLS&D campaign leads on core business objectives and outcomes, and translating those needs to the necessary teams.
- Partnership with regional marketing and marcom leads to ensure successful implementation and execution of activation programs in key markets around the world.
- Reporting and measurement, in partnership with internal marketing analytics team and external measurement resources.
- Create a comprehensive set of planning and marketing assets, templates, tools to leverage messaging and content for future executions.
- Maintaining compliance with legal, Geo-Political, privacy, trademark teams etc. on the creative content approvals and clearances.
- 8+ years of experience working client or agency side in marketing, brand, or strategy roles. Experience supporting Fortune 500 brands is a plus.
- B.A or B.S. degree preferred; MBA a plus.
- Must have experience working on consumer products; consumer technology a plus.
- Must have experience managing direct reports or vendors, and leading teams.
- Experience and passion for building integrated cross-channel creative plans and assets, ranging from video, to digital, to product photography, to retail and print, to events, to guerilla tactics, and other consumer marketing components.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and project/program management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and vendors at all levels to meet business goals.
- Team player with a positive attitude and great work ethic.
- Possess the ability to take initiative and drive projects with minimal supervision.
- Able to effectively manage complex v-teams across functions.
- The ability to creatively resolve issues, understanding business constraints of resources, budgets, and timelines, while remaining adaptable and flexible.
- Understanding of Microsoft products and organization.
- Ability to proactively identify and act on new business opportunities.
- Strong understanding of consumer brands and modern consumer marketing landscape.
- Must be flexible and solution-oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solver and quick learner.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.