|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Global Demand Center (GDC) delivers integrated marketing experiences for Microsoft by building, running, and innovating a globally scaled engine to deliver connected customer journeys that delight customers, create fans, drive business outcomes and insight, and reflect deep functional expertise across multiple professions. The GDC supports 1,000s of marketers, $bns in spend, $bns in revenue for sales, 40+ languages, over 10,000 digital and in person events, and tens of thousands of sellers.
We are looking for a seasoned taxonomist and information architect to transform and unify the language we use across the GDC from the ground up. This includes creating, implementing, maintaining, and governing a unifying taxonomy. This role will be a change agent for transforming how Microsoft organizes information across Marketing and Sales.
This is a mission-critical role with substantial scope, complexity, executive visibility, has a large opportunity for impact, and is central to our growth strategy.
You will be responsible for:
- Building and applying standards for how information architecture and taxonomy is developed, maintained, and governed for sales and marketing scenarios.
- Identifying and prioritizing opportunities where improved information architecture or taxonomies drives business impact in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Owning the end-to-end implementation and communication plan for how taxonomies are added or updated across various systems or tools.
- Developing and running rhythms for when taxonomy requests are submitted, reviewed, and implemented to reduce churn and optimize implementation timing across multiple operations or engineering teams.
- Developing an approach to measuring taxonomy integrity, effectiveness, and impact.
- Developing and delivering training to help operations teams understand how taxonomy is being managed and the related standards and processes.
- Partnering closely with our many stakeholder teams including Robotic Operations, Core Services Engineering, Operational AI, Capability, Operational Data, Marketing Service Center, Data Services, Analytics, and Field Marketing teams
The following are the things we are looking for from an ideal candidate:
- Track record of applying taxonomy and information architecture standards at a large organization.
- Ability to implement and maintain taxonomy standards across various marketing automation and sales enablement tools.
- Ability to leverage knowledge organization systems, taxonomy management tools to achieve business goals
- Expert change management, collaboration, and leadership skills: demonstrated ability to lead fast-paced cross-functional working teams, build consensus, and create momentum
- Ability to communicate hard, complex, nuanced problems in a way that people who are not close to them can understand
- Ability to partner closely with teams and stakeholders to make sure they feel heard and understood
- Ability to find the win-win for everyone even when there are conflicting priorities within and outside the team
- Strong desire to listen deeply, learn, and understand in most situations
- Ability to run and support a strong prioritization process that creates clarity for stakeholders on what will happen, and what will not happen
- Track record of meeting timelines, and honoring commitments with ability to adjust the plan and bring stakeholders along if things change
- Comfortable in large functional teams in a very complex and dynamic environment both as a participant or leader depending on the need
- 6 years of professional experience developing information architectures and designing / managing taxonomies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, ideally in library science, information science or a related degree.
- Domain knowledge of B2B marketing and sales or equivalent
- Experience with marketing automation (i.e. Adobe) and / or sales enablement (i.e. Dynamics 365) technologies
*** OPEN TO ATLANTA OR REDMOND LOCATION*******
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.