|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work in a close-knit, high performing finance team supporting one of the most rapidly growing and dynamic segments in the US Subsidiary? We’re looking for a highly collaborative, creative, energetic finance professional who can lead Cost financial controls and process across several Microsoft Sales & Marketing segments and support both US Finance and Leadership team.
As a key member of the Cost Finance team you will partner across several businesses including Finance, HR, Microsoft US (MSUS) Sales & Marketing Teams, and Worldwide and Central Finance Teams. You will be responsible for leading forecast cost modeling and modernizing reporting initiatives. In addition, this member will work on resource management which will have the opportunity to work across teams within MSUS & Central Finance to streamline, centralize, and standardize resource reporting and analytics that brings business insights, drives change, and influences results. You will also be involved in special projects such as costs resource planning, investment strategy, and costs process and ROB improvements.
- Own & lead variable spend fiscal planning process, target setting, budgeting, quarterly forecasting, etc.
- Own & lead tracking and reporting of investment funds and financial modeling partnering closely with Investment Controller.
- Promote team culture of support, collaboration, and inclusion and provide coverage for other team members during absences
- Support business partners & controllers to understand fiscal results and proactively provide forward looking insights that enable them to manage within cost envelopes. This includes sharing trends, risk, and opportunities.
- Drive analytical and conceptual thinking with the business that extends beyond the numbers into strategy (e.g. helping business evaluate investments and evaluate ROI)
- Lead cost budgeting, forecast and outlook processes for supported segments. This includes proactively coaching and guiding commercial leads and business partners on FOM guidelines and how to incorporate empowerment and investments.
- Provide insights to monthly financial close process, in close partnership with Cost Lead, for SOX Controls
- ‘Tell the story’ and drive insightful analytics for Finance leadership reviews
- Promote culture of compliance: partner with Compliance champs to monitor & provide business education
The successful candidate should demonstrate a proven track record in business partnering, an ability to manage end to end financial cycles, strong modeling and forecasting skills, strong understanding of data reporting using powerbi, curious and asks questions (desire to learn), strong analytical skills, ability to positively influence others, successful project and change management skills, succinct story telling skills, and executive maturity.
One of the single most important characteristics of an ideal candidate is passion for technology and willingness to dive into the business and build recommendations to help guide the business in the right direction. The person should be able to build and nurture relationships across finance and business partners to drive insights and impact. Requirements/Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Minimum 5+ years of finance experience in a large organization including business partnering experience.
- Expertise in financial planning and analysis, including forecasting, planning, reporting, analysis, and developing financial models.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple groups, responsive with strong customer service orientation.
- BA/BS in Accounting , Finance or related degrees; CPA and/or MBA a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.