|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Bing Foundations team is seeking software engineers who will collaborate across the organization to build highly scalable systems that enhance observability and resilience in our rapidly evolving cloud services. If you are an engineer who is passionate, experienced, and skilled in fundamental platform systems such as key-value stores, distributed databases, event streaming and secrets management, you should apply.
Come, join our evolving team to make a difference for our customers!
As an engineer on the Foundations team, you will work on systems that are critical to maintaining availability, performance, and quality for our online services. You will work with engineers across different parts of the product to make their services more reliable. Apart from learning through technical challenges on our team, you will get to contribute to complex systems that power some of the biggest online services for search, maps and advertising on the planet.
Some other responsibilities include:
- Building enhancements into our near-real-time processing system, which is the basis for our observability platform.
- Work with platform infrastructure teams (DNS, Network, Compute) to build features that protect us from failures and make our services more resilient.
- Drive efficiency in our use of compute resources through code and systems optimization.
- Write code that eliminates work by building automation, scales systems sustainably and improves performance and overall agility in our engineering ecosystem.
- Contribute to several Open Source projects we work with.
We are a global team, with presence both inside and outside the US. We own Availability and Latency as core metrics for Bing. Our goal is to drive the right set of features and build systems that continue to drive these metrics for our business. Engineers on our team collaborate with others on their projects apart from their own individual work. This builds cross-functional capabilities in all of us. Our engineers take pride in the systems we build; we strive to maintain a high-quality bar for code that we write and ensure that there is a good work-life balance while building and running these world-class systems.
The team values diversity of background and perspective. We seek to learn and grow in everything we do.
- At least 3 years of experience writing code for large-scale systems
- Familiarity with C#
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines like Azure DevOps, GitHub Workflow etc.
- Familiarity with Windows and *nix operating systems
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or other Advanced Sciences
- Ability to deal with ambiguity to prioritize issues
- Exposure to Python, Go and Powershell
- Experience with Terraform
- Good understanding of DNS, network routing protocols, HTTP3/QUIC
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.