|Job Type:||Full Time|
The File IO team delivers the collab and cloud experiences in Office. We light up cloud files in the apps, we enable co-authoring so that you can work in the same document with others in real-time. We do so with partners across OXO, ODSP and the rest of Microsoft.
How do we do that?
- Deep architecture. We're re-architecting major parts of the cross-platform native stack to deliver a performant, reliable experience in our apps.
- ML. We're building ML models and services to help users share easier, save files to the right locations.
- Web. We're expanding our featureset to the Web to ensure parity everywhere our customers are.
- Obsession. We obsess over almost everything: the technical details of the codebase, (compliant) data from our customers, and how to build great teamwork both inside of the team and with all of our partners.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
* Deliver complete features, including design, architecture, implementation, testability, debugging, and shipping
* Cooperate with other engineers and disciplines to deliver reliable designs and cross-platform code
* Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, be self-directed, and work well with other people
* Be committed to delivering the best experience for our customers
We're looking for candidates with:
* 2+ years of professional software engineering experience, shipping customer-facing code
* 2+ years of Java, C, C++, or C# experience
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related degree
* Cross-platform native stack development experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.