|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Industry Experiences team in the Cloud and AI group are looking for a high-energy and motivated Industry and/or Horizontal Category Manager. Do you have deep industry and/or horizontal solution experience? If the answer is yes, we would like to hear from you. Please note that either real-world industry experience and deep industry knowledge, and/or extensive cloud-hosted horizontal solution experience (for example IOT, security, AI/ML, analytics, databases, migration, DevOps and similar cross-industry solutions), are must-haves to be considered for this role.
The goal of the role is: 1. Deeply understand the problems that our customers are facing and 2. Identify and enable partners that are on/or need to be on our cloud platforms, solving identified customer problems. Key aspects of this role are around helping partners moving solutions to the cloud and publishing to Marketplace. Marketplace is at the center of the next big partner opportunity for Microsoft by enabling customers to find, try and buy solutions in one place.
Working in close coordination with engineering, sales, marketing, and business development stakeholders, the Category Manager is responsible for understanding and managing their category and marketplace business. To this end, the Category Manager is responsible for defining who are the MUST have partners to win to our cloud and Marketplace. They will provide leadership and be hands-on recruiting top partners to cloud and Marketplace and will extensively cross-team across the business for scale. They will also develop and drive go-to-market initiatives to bring and promote the category’s best partner solutions to our customers. The position also involves a significant amount of exposure to senior management and requires the ability to communicate concisely and consistently.
This role will be based in the continental United States and has moderate travel requirements (10-25%) when it is safe to travel.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the assigned category
- Recruit priority partners to Microsoft cloud and Marketplace
- Define and build the growth strategy for the assigned category aligned to engineering, marketing and sales prioritized investments and scenarios, whilst leveraging existing co-marketing and co-sell initiatives
- Identify technical and business needs from partners and translate into new requirements for cloud and Marketplace teams
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience in one or more industry and/or horizontal solution area
- BS/BA degree, MBA preferred
- MBA preferred
- Strong industry and/or horizontal solution domain knowledge and be the voice of the customer
- Program management, partner management, or product marketing are all pluses
- Experience of working with large and small partners across all maturity phases, and building strong relationships with internal business stakeholders and executives
- Strong track record of defining successful business strategies
- The ability to simplify and synthesize complex market dynamics and technology needs for different audiences to build coalition across different organizations
- Demonstrable history working through ambiguity, winning hearts and minds, leading by example, and self-starting
- Strong understanding of core cloud computing business and technical fundamentals – IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.